Blatent red light jump

tea boy
tea boy Posts: 11
edited March 2015 in Commuting chat
Anybody else here spot the Red Punto (I think that is what it might have been), manoeuvring around the group of waiting cyclists in front of him and blatently going through the red light on the Webber Street/Blackfriars road Junction this morning, at around 9.35am this morning? Right here: http://goo.gl/maps/IOlB2

It was astonishing, the light had been red a while and he'd just decided he'd had enough of waiting so just pulled into onto the opposite side of the road and sailed off through the lights. It was one of those "Did I really just see that happen?" moments. It's a busy junction, so he was lucky there wasn't a vehicle coming the other way.

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    i used to work not far from the A316 and cars would treat the lights as advisory, not just a burnt amber if they think there is a gap...

made crossing the road as a ped rather awkward...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Two cars passed me as I stopped at a red light the other day. I sat there shaking my head and laughing to myself. I reckon the justification they used to themselves would have been that the first car had stopped to let a car coming the other way turn right across the front of it. So the delay meant they missed the green and that made jumping the red alright in their mind I guess.