Rider down! Near Hyde Park Corner tube

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited March 2015 in Commuting chat
Just coming through to the park yesterday when there was a horrible "Whump!" up ahead, looked up to see cyclist all over the front of a 1-series BMW, bike somewhere in the next postcode.

Rider got up off the bonnet and seemed OK, although is probably in agony today. Didn't see the lead up to the accident but it's a rotten junction and suspect the cyclist got it all wrong, which means he'll be paying for the damage to the Beemer :(

Hope you're OK today mate

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Is the time of year when the sun can be bright and low.

Must confess with my upgraded bike I've been moving a fair bit more quickly and the temptation to take the risk to keep momentum is much greater when you're moving faster. Takes a bit more of a conscious effort to keep the risk taking down to a reasonable level. Might also be to do with the extra faith I have now my brakes work. Double edged sword that one.

Not that the above paragraph is related to the incident.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Is the time of year when the sun can be bright and low.

Must confess with my upgraded bike I've been moving a fair bit more quickly and the temptation to take the risk to keep momentum is much greater when you're moving faster. Takes a bit more of a conscious effort to keep the risk taking down to a reasonable level. Might also be to do with the extra faith I have now my brakes work. Double edged sword that one.

Not that the above paragraph is related to the incident.

Agreed - sun's out, mornings are light and birds are singing. Have done some pretty dim things myself, not helped by being back commuting for the first time in 3 years so a bit rusty. New route doesn't help.

Yesterday was a sobering warning to be careful.

It's just a hill. Get over it.