Which Hardtail?!! Help

Rudd18
Rudd18 Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi guys,

Completely new to the mountain bike world. Looking to do some quality searching online before I dive into buying the first bike I take a shine too.

Budget up to £500 max, looking for an all round decent entry level 650b, will consider a 29er too. Don't ideally want a 26inch.

Bike will be commuting to work so lockout forks will help, trails, forests, canal paths etc.

So far Iv took a shine to the Whyte 603, felt 7 sixty and cube analog 27.5. All of which are just over the top end of my budget typically!

Apologies if this thread is similar to others.

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Links to bikes you are looking at so we get the right ones.....
    Carrera Kraken fits the bill.

Why not 26" wheels, at that price point you are ruling out a lot of good budget end bikes, much better than you'll get on the other 2 wheel sizes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sloweey
    sloweey Posts: 89
    [url][/url]http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Merida-Big-Nine-Alloy-500-Mountain-Bike-2014-Hardtail-MTB_64905.htm
    Just ordered this and there's a 75 quid discount code if Ya buy it before Tuesday so got for 523 quid