Manx End2End 2015

_stan_the_man_
_stan_the_man_ Posts: 8
edited March 2016 in XC and Enduro
Anyone doing it?

I did it in back in 2011 and it was gruelling. Weather was bad and not at all rewarding in terms of terrain as there is more up hill than down. Finished in around 6 hours 20 minutes. Gave up mountain biking shortly after. I more of a causal mountain biker.

Now been silly enough to enter again (not signed up yet though) this year. So just started my training and bought a mountain bike. Aim is to beat my last time by a lot more.

Comments

• LukeHurst
    LukeHurst Posts: 93
    Yep I'm doing it. All booked up including ferry and car park!

I rode it for the first time in 2013 and really wasn't prepared for it. I had just purchased a house and hadn't ridden a bike for over 6 weeks when I stood on the start line. I suffered a lot but enjoyed it and I finished around 5 hours. This years aim is s around 4 hours now I'm fit and have been training.

Luke
  • Yes Ive entered it, had a go once before when i was fairly new to mtb'ing in 2013 and finished at St Johns just outside of the cut off point (5 mins).
    They've added some new single track at Glen Rushen, just after the Pipe Line, really good to ride, I live on the IOM so have managed a little test ride.
    My goal is just to finish it this time, ive put a fair bit of training in so fingers crossed i make it!

Good luck all, see you on the rock soon!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • Hope you all got the result you wanted, was a tough one with the head wind and soggy conditions, my first finish so i'm well chuffed!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    Anyone doing it?

I did it in back in 2011 and it was gruelling. Weather was bad and not at all rewarding in terms of terrain as there is more up hill than down. Finished in around 6 hours 20 minutes. Gave up mountain biking shortly after. I more of a causal mountain biker.

Now been silly enough to enter again (not signed up yet though) this year. So just started my training and bought a mountain bike. Aim is to beat my last time by a lot more.

It's the way you sells it!!!
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    It's brilliant, you know you want too!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    Big Mitch - YouTube