Rose Xeon vs CRS

Miles253
Miles253 Posts: 535
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
So after the cycle show i was inspired to check out what Rose had to offer.

A lot, was my discovery. With realistically £2000 to spend at the moment, i am looking at either the Xeon Rs (Alu, di2 £1750)
or the X-lite CRS (Carbon, di2 £1991)

CRS is obviously lighter, and more expensive, but provides a strong platform for a seriously light bike.
RS is more robust and not far off the weight. Both look good and come with good wheels so no concern there.

I have racing aspirations as well as a few sportives, club TTs, that sort of thing. Is it worth saving a few hundred pounds more, and getting the carbon frame? Bearing in mind i have an alu bike already, albeit fairly low grade. (Canyon Roadlite, Campag Centaur)

Would like to hear from owners of either, or anybody that made a similar decision. Geometry is the same all round, so this thread is immune from "whichever fits best"

Furthermore is it worth waiting a few more months still and picking up the top frame (x-lite team di2, £2400) thus removing any doubt or want to upgrade later (yeah right...)

Thanks all
Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group

Comments

• ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    If you have the Canyon AL no point in going for another Alu frame.

The new Rose X-Lite is such a serious step up weight wise it will be worth waiting for. Its getting great reviews too, I'd nearly buy one myself.
  • Miles253
    Ck101 wrote:
    If you have the Canyon AL no point in going for another Alu frame.

The new Rose X-Lite is such a serious step up weight wise it will be worth waiting for. Its getting great reviews too, I'd nearly buy one myself.

This was my preliminary thinking, do you suppose it is better to wait for the top frame as well? Potentially i could get the Ultegra build and upgrade later on, as they are compatible both ways.
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    I was referring to the Team X-Lite, sorry. That setup is really amazing value for money.

I'd wait for the Di2 also, it seems to be what you want. It'll be expensive to do an aftermarket upgrade.

Personally I already have Ultegra Di2 & for this reason I'll most likely go for the Dura Ace model, it seems to be the best value of the models on offer. Di2 is great however and you won't be disappointed.
  • Miles253
    Ck101 wrote:
    I was referring to the Team X-Lite, sorry. That setup is really amazing value for money.

I'd wait for the Di2 also, it seems to be what you want. It'll be expensive to do an aftermarket upgrade.

Personally I already have Ultegra Di2 & for this reason I'll most likely go for the Dura Ace model, it seems to be the best value of the models on offer. Di2 is great however and you won't be disappointed.

Ah okay, thanks for the input. Ive decided i like the trouble free usage of di2, won't be happy until i have it