Does this product exist?

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
I was thinking in terms of a portable mini-pump with a plug for the CO2 cartridge... anything on the market?
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Do you mean something like this? http://www.topeak.com/products/HybridRocket-Pumps
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Yes, exactly that one
    left the forum March 2023
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I have a similar sort of device but couldn't be arsed when I needed it today, I just pumped it manually then rode to the nearest LBS which is a rare thing out this way, I just happened to be only 5 miles away.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Another potential contender from Lezyne

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/lezyne ... tAod5zcAUg
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    I was thinking in terms of a portable mini-pump with a plug for the CO2 cartridge... anything on the market?

I've had this for about 4 or 5 years and it was good but the CO2 part doesn't work anymore, a seal broke and I can't find a replacement. The pump still works and I carry it with me.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I have one of topeak dual pumps works fine
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    Bontrager make one as well.
  • I have the Lezyne dual pump works fine
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I do not get the point of these. Why is it better than having them separate?
    Only advantage I can think of is that it forces you to have a pump with you.

The Topeak one losses the flexi hose that was the best thing about it as a hand pump, and looks a complete faff to use as a Co2 inflator.

The Lezyne one looks wkd, but thats only because it is basically two separate things and not really a combined unit in the same way the others are.
    Using the detachable hose as the Co2 attachment is pretty cool, and means you can leave the pump at home :lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ha would you believe it, because of this thread and my unscheduled deflation nyesterday I thought I'd have a look at the co2 feature of my SKS secondwind road and much to my surprise the end wouldn't come off to allow fitting of a co2 cartridge so naturally I stuck it in a vice and forced it open, I wasnt expecting to find a sealed end with no valve for the compressed air.

Seems ive managed to buy a duff or demo model, manufacturer has been emailed :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.