New bike: Europe made with threaded BB

ivanoile
ivanoile Posts: 202
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm in the market for new bike.As my BB30 bike is full of music and my other bike is sold,I would like something made in europe(I know,some eastern frames are cheaper and better),with threaded BB.Also I'm looking for a carbon bike and aero frames have advantage as I would use it on some short TTs.
Price range: I wouldn't go higher than price for Dogma F8 (I can buy it for 3000€ frame only)

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited March 2015
    I think you may find the Dogma frame is manufactured in the Far East as are most carbon frames.
    Sarto or Legend in Italy spring to mind for frames made in Europe but not a cheap option.
  • I've been keeping an eye out and have yet to see any new bike using a threaded BB. :(
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    Legend, Sarto and Fondriest will make threaded BB.
  • ivanoile
    Sarto's new Lampo model is pretty nice,factory is within my range(~350km),,but it seems that price for that frame is similar to F8.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Lightweight's frame is too.

Don't worry about the BB30 to 24mm issue, I bought a Canyon frame and fitted the Shimano BB72 41B and it was easy-peasy to slide it in. No noise.

That said I also have a Hope ceramic BB on my 2009 Cervelo R3SL and it exhibits less friction than the Canyon or all my other bike. It's still a great standard and probably why Shimano don't see any need to change it.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • ivanoile
    I just don't want to see BB30 or any similar thing anymore,I have Bianchi Sempre and this is my second frame with creacking altough creacking appears <5km from changing new bearings :evil:

So I'm going back to BSA,I hope.
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    All the Cyfac frames come bsc or you get that option. Costly, but within your budget and made in France. They're beautifully finished, the Spirit will be my next bike.
    http://cyfac.fr/
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Might be worth a look at the decathlon btwin mach series - they appear to have a threaded bb (although not explicitly listed in the spec) and i seem to recall they use a French frame manufacturer.

Worth saying though that a press fit BB should give a more stable platform, is lighter and potentially more aero - I've never used bb30 but got on fine with bb86.
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    BB86 is fine in my experience, and the bearings easy to change when they do fail. my original set lasted 16'000km with no creaking at all. Good enough for me.

If I was the OP, I wouldn't limit myself to threaded BBs only.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    See if you can find a C59 Colnago on sale. Amazing.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Festka, a Czech company do bespoke cf bikes and frames and they use a local Czech carbon fibre company.