Friday, we meet again.

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
That time of the week where I try and remember who I made plans with and if I double booked myself.

Given some of the people I have to see today, and some of those you guys work with (and Pina)

“I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it.”
― Terry Pratchett

PS Arran you can come and say hello again, people are forgetting you exist
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Who?
    Happy damned Fryday everybody, finally.
    Should be a fairly normal Fryday at the fun factory, hopefully there won't be any excitement. Taking the long way home as I have to drop something off in Richmond on the way. Could do a lap of the park as well, or more likely straight through as pizza will be calling me by then. Still debating what to have for my fry up at lunchtime. Currently it's looking like Sausage, bacon, egg, fried slice, black pud, 'shrooms and beans with a couple of rounds of toast and a mug of tea to wash it down. Could add bubble to the list but it can get a bit heavy. Until then I will have to survive on tea and biscuits, just run out of ginger nuts though.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,018
    KIDS!

GGGRRRRRRRRRR!

On the up side I'm off to Nutters restaurant tonight so it's looing better on the eating side of things.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Second Friday the 13th in Succession. Last one I reversed the P/O van into a lamppost . God Job I m off today. Now to get out and trash the good bike :!:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Trying to tie up all the loose ends today.

If you do 10 jobs and only 9/10ths of each job, you'll have one whole job left over that you will only do 9/10ths of...?

I think, by accident I have now summed up the British muddling through way of doing things in one sentence. Fixing it is an altogether different (impossible) thing.

Why is it that the bigger the organisation, the longer it takes them to cough up? Worst of all, they are based in Manchester. Has that got anything to do with it?

It has stopped raining !

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:

“I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it.”
    ― Terry Pratchett

Good quote.

Here's one on the same vein:

"Most people would rather die before they think. Most people do."
  • veronese68
    Why is it that the bigger the organisation, the longer it takes them to cough up? Worst of all, they are based in Manchester. Has that got anything to do with it?
    We supply a small British car manufacturer with a few parts. They got taken over by one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world, it would take months to get the money. So we shut their account and told them to pay up front. They were aghast and told us we couldn't so that. We told them we had and if they wanted anything they would have to pay up front. I must confess I enjoyed that.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Who?

Yeah, who the feck is he :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    You moved house yet?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Why is it...get the money. So we shut their account and told them to pay up front. They were aghast...confess I enjoyed that.

Nice but I don't think we are in a position to do that.

Maybe I should send Manc33 on a little errand. He would do their nuts in and they would pay up pronto. Probably never hear or see them again.

Didn't Roy Chubby Brown do a cover of the song 'Living next door to Arran' ?
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Who?

Yeah, who the feck is he :lol:
    A slacker so proficient he's even shirking from his place of shirking. :mrgreen:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    sa0u823e wrote:
    You moved house yet?

Sort of.....temporarily residing at my Mum's until our new house is finished :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    Didn't Roy Chubby Brown do a cover of the song 'Living next door to Arran' ?
    'Arran, Arran, who the **** is Arran?'

He may well disappear properly if he signs up for my next little downhill jaunt :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    He'll sign up he isn't going to be that guy!

The fun of houses eh mate

Frigging hate these Friday Panels, some people need taking out back and shooting

Oh well out for dinner tonight the wine or gin or combination will help
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    KIDS!

GGGRRRRRRRRRR!

On the up side I'm off to Nutters restaurant tonight so it's looing better on the eating side of things.

Let us know how your meal was at Nutters. I was not inclined to go back last time I was there. Top notch food ,top notch prices but service was lacking.
  • Stevo_666
    And don't forget, tomorrow is a special day for us blokes :) Be sure to remind your other half...

Rottenecards_62713790_ygzmfh4qvq.png
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    And don't forget, tomorrow is a special day for us blokes :) Be sure to remind your other half...

Rottenecards_62713790_ygzmfh4qvq.png

No need to remind, it's Saturday do those things should always happen (ish)
  • pinno
    There's no one here matth. All the squares have all had their Ovaltine and are tucked up in bed in their pyjamas, so you're talking to yourself. This is just a pre-recorded message. There's no one here matth. All the squares have all had their Ovaltine and are tucked up in bed in their pyjamas, so you're talking to yourself. This is just a pre-recorded message. There's no one here matth. All the squares have all had their Ovaltine and are tucked up in bed in their pyjamas, so you're talking to yourself. This is just a pre-recorded message. There's no one here matth. All the squares have all had their Ovaltine and are tucked up in bed in their pyjamas, so you're talking to yourself. This is just a pre-recorded message...
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno you're probably only staying up till midnight now you know what day it is tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno you're probably only staying up till midnight now you know what day it is tomorrow.

If nothing happens. i'll blame you for getting my hopes up.
  • Stevo_666
    Don't shoot the messenger :wink: