Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    edited March 2015
    I have ridden one and its great.
    Im thinking of buying an Uncle Jimbo.
  • Chizzy82
    Chizzy82 Posts: 15
    I've been thinking of a granite chief too....

They seem better value than ever at the moment because of the weak Euro.
  • kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    I've read a few reviews. Constantly on website. They really appeal to me and like you say the specs are brilliant for the price.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • I've ordered an Uncle Jimbo with changed spec for about £2750. Still a lot cheaper than an equivalent spec Orange or Trek for example. Read loads of reviews and they all seem promising. Ordered a XL size frame. I'm around 6"2 but hope the size is Ok. Fingers crossed! Should be here in the next few weeks.
  • I've ordered an Uncle Jimbo with changed spec for about £2750. Still a lot cheaper than an equivalent spec Orange or Trek for example. Read loads of reviews and they all seem promising. Ordered a XL size frame. I'm around 6"2 but hope the size is Ok. Fingers crossed! Should be here in the next few weeks.

When did you order and how long did they quote for delivery? I ordered a Root Miller 4 weeks ago with another 4 weeks left to go....
    Worth the wait though (I hope) as the spec is simply unrivalled for the money and I should know because I've been researching for what seems like an eternity.
  • I ordered it on the 25th February this year and they gave me an assembly date of 2nd April. I emailed them on the day of the assembly.
    They replied with:

'We regret to have to inform you that the Rock Shox suspension fork for your bike is not yet in stock.

However, the delivery of the fork is expected in 8 working days.'

So I chose the Fox 36 Talas RC2 for an extra £245 (not good on my bank account) and apparently it will be assembled earlier. So hopefully this week it will be assembled and sent out for delivery. They have taken the money from my account and on their website it says 'The goods are being prepared for assembly'
  • Fair play that fork is a beaut and should be well worth the extra - enjoy!
  • Hmm still no assembly date from them. Emailed them earlier today and haven't got anything from them. Yeah the fork is amazing, just hope they build it soon! haha
  • kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    I nearly pressed the buy button but at the last minute had a change of mind and bought this

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/nukeproof-mega-tr ... 2014/15804

Bloody love it! it has the looks for me and ticks all the boxes and rides spot on.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    kirby700 wrote:
    I nearly pressed the buy button but at the last minute had a change of mind and bought this

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/nukeproof-mega-tr ... 2014/15804

Bloody love it! it has the looks for me and ticks all the boxes and rides spot on.

Mega TR is good but put on a Cane Creek Inline shock and the ride gets a lot better. It sorts out the small bump sensitivity and gives a big increase in rear grip.
  • Hi, any news on your Root Miller? Mine was shipped on Friday and is in the UK now, so it should be here this week!