Fruit Salad

DavidJB
DavidJB Posts: 2,019
edited March 2015 in The cake stop
Does anyone else get annoyed when there is loads of apple in a fruit salad pot you buy from Tesco/M&S...feels like a cheap buffer food... give me more mango, pineapple and strawberry's you utter bastards.

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I believe some of these fruits can be bought separately, I could be wrong.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    I hate it when they put orange in fruit salad, thats just taking the pith!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    What is deeply odd is people buying fruit salad in a sealed plastic tray. It is the EASIEST thing to knock up with a sharp knife and a sense of humour... and a Tupperware box keeps it yummy.

I love apple in fruit salad, but I like to chop it quite small.

I disapprove of too much kiwi or too much citrus, so I craftily avoid chopping them into fruit salads.

But what about the juice? What comes out of the fruit, or do you add apple juice or orange juice or a sugar syrup or a sweetened juice?

It is a tough call, but the one thing you can be sure of is that if your starting place is the Fruit Salad shelf in a supermarket, the experience will not whelm you.
  • homers_double
    It's a bit difficult on the motorway though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Debeli wrote:
    What is deeply odd is people buying fruit salad in a sealed plastic tray. It is the EASIEST thing to knock up with a sharp knife and a sense of humour... and a Tupperware box keeps it yummy.

I disapprove of too much kiwi or too much citrus, so I craftily avoid chopping them into fruit salads.

But what about the juice? What comes out of the fruit, or do you add apple juice or orange juice or a sugar syrup or a sweetened juice?

It is a tough call, but the one thing you can be sure of is that if your starting place is the Fruit Salad shelf in a supermarket, the experience will not whelm you.

Grape juice
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I do love the tight seal of tupperware.

Am I a Walrus...
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I do love the tight seal of tupperware.

Am I a Walrus...

Goo Goo Ga Joob!
  • oblongomaculatus
    oblongomaculatus Posts: 616
    edited March 2015
    Debeli wrote:

It is easy to do this, but not quite as easy as buying some in a sealed plastic tray, which is why supermarkets sell it that way. They know how many people are lazy.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    mamba80 wrote:
    Debeli wrote:

Grape juice

Or sour grapes?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,485
    Sainsburys have a self service counter, fresh fruit, mixed berries, yoghurt, etc

But I'm getting into sushi, I'm not that kken on prawns but some wasabi and ginger and the jobs a job one. Just 150 cals from the co-op and its quite filling :shock:

I dont't believe i just typed that :roll:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Christmas cake with banana custard has the best fruit combination for me. :wink:
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Ya crackers
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Slowmart wrote:
    But I'm getting into sushi, I'm not that kken on prawns but some wasabi and ginger and the jobs a job one. Just 150 cals from the co-op and its quite filling

That's not sushi.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    But I'm getting into sushi, I'm not that kken on prawns but some wasabi and ginger and the jobs a job one. Just 150 cals from the co-op and its quite filling

That's not sushi.

This is Sue Shee!

http://carteblanchegreetings.com/myblue ... d/sue_shee
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    diplodicus wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

That's not sushi.

This is Sue Shee!

http://carteblanchegreetings.com/myblue ... d/sue_shee

I thought this thread was about Fruit Salad. get back on topic.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I thought this thread was about Fruit Salad. get back on topic.

Can you still get Topics? Always thought they were vastly superior to those nasty Marathons, especially after they were given that awful American name

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Black-Jacks-009.jpg
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Black-Jacks-009.jpg

The Blackjack wrapper :shock:
    tick - tick - tick
  • homers_double
    Oh my god, the racism...

:roll:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,819
    I love blackjacks. I assume they've changed the wrapper as I think you can still buy the sweets. A good old 10p mix would have had a few blackjacks and fruit salad in when I were a lad!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Pross wrote:
    I love blackjacks. I assume they've changed the wrapper as I think you can still buy the sweets. A good old 10p mix would have had a few blackjacks and fruit salad in when I were a lad!

Plus they turn your mouth black, which my kids found hilarious

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Black Jacks taste like Black Jacks, but Fruit Salads taste nothing like a Fruit Salad.