Canyon advice

Kangars
Kangars Posts: 34
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi, i am looking to purchase a new bike, but cant decide between these 2 Canyons. Its either Aluminium with Ultegra or carbon with 105/11 spd. MAybe you can help me out and give me prons and cons, i am still a noob.

https://www.canyon.com/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3694

https://www.canyon.com/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3576

Or maybe there is something else avaialble at this price? This will be my weekend bike and few sportives. I do like climbing so maybe those Canyons arent good for that at all.

Cheers.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Take a look at Rose bikes, excellent value and vgood bikes apparently and I have a Canyon. :shock:
    Definitely on my shortlist for the next bike.

Out of those I would go for the carbon frame for no other reason than if I got the alu one I would want the carbon one. :roll:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Given how good the new 11 speed 105 5800 is I would probably go for the carbon / 105 option.

But on the other hand the Ultegra is also very nice and the alu frames get a very good write up....

I can see your dilemma!
  • I'd go for the CF, I don't like the alu welds :-) If I was going for an alu bike I'd opt for Rose, simply due to the finish.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    diamonddog wrote:
    Take a look at Rose bikes, excellent value and vgood bikes apparently and I have a Canyon. :shock:
    Definitely on my shortlist for the next bike.
    +1
  • Kangars
    Great now ive got another option :D Rose do look good. Seems i can save almost £100 for alu frame with Ultegra (http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-pr ... aid:744457)

From what i read 105 5800 is a very good groupset. I do have 105 5700 on my commute bike and cant fault it at all and looks like 5800 is even better. Guess its really falls to, what bike will i love more!
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Rose will also probably work out cheaper with the ever weakening Euro if you pay in that currency. With Canyon I believe you are stuck with fixed GBP prices.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    OP the Rose bike of the more or less same spec as my Canyon works out over £600 less than I paid last year.
  • Kangars
    holiver wrote:
    Rose will also probably work out cheaper with the ever weakening Euro if you pay in that currency. With Canyon I believe you are stuck with fixed GBP prices.

How does this work? I am looking at the prices in £ on the website, does it change if Euro get weaker against pound? My budget is up to £1200. Sorry too many questions!

Rose does have some nice looking alu frames and they seem to be very light. Their carbon seems to be out of my price limit.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Kangars wrote:
    holiver wrote:

How does this work? I am looking at the prices in £ on the website, does it change if Euro get weaker against pound? My budget is up to £1200. Sorry too many questions!

Rose does have some nice looking alu frames and they seem to be very light. Their carbon seems to be out of my price limit.

Up in the top right corner you can select GBR with £ or GBR with €
  • Fishboyz
    Fishboyz Posts: 152
    if you can stretch to it the ultimate AL SLX is a really nice frame and top of the line fork, you get a 700 rubs pair of wheels also which is not to be sniffed at
  • kenong
    kenong Posts: 21
    The carbon, ofcos. Canyon engineered the Endurace for carbon materials first, before making an alu version of it.

Furthermore, carbon will be more comfortable for long rides compared to alu.

Lastly, it's carbon, baby!