Painful Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Every time I think I got away pain free from the football on Monday, but by the Wednesday, something reminds me I'm not as young as I was. My poor knees.

Today I have a work placement guy in. I have no idea what to expect. I hate work placement people as they slowly realise how little they can do in this job. We've had them leave and never return in the past, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Tired today after yesterday's long day in the Swansea office plus driving equalled a 17hr day, but still needed to be in the chester office for a 7 am call :( so not much sleep and no exercise along with plenty of shoot food is leaving me feel like a fat muck

Today is work meh followed by babysitting, so will probably end up working - shoot day in other words
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning all,
    Had to drive in today, did something to my knee riding home last night. Obviously this is due to my huge strength and nothing to do with being old and frail. As it's Wednesday I shall be self medicating in the pub later as a result. Unfortunately for the UK brewing trade there is no way I can make up for the slack Mr H not being in a pub will account for. Bunking of work early to avoid the worst of the phucktards on the road so hopefully the day will go rather quickly.
    Hopefully Bg will buy one of the houses in Charente Maritime, that sounds much better for me. Obviously my opinion trumps all others. I'll have a think about anything else he needs in the house for me. I'm sure he could dig some ditches for us.
    Oh look, I've been made a cup of tea so I'd better crack on.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Today I have a work placement guy in. I have no idea what to expect.

We have one in at the moment too, learning about Marketing. Little dude is pretty decent, he's 15 but looks like a 45 year old tax man, which is strange.

Anyway, morning all. Today will be fun, as the systems I use to do my job seem to be broken, which hopefully means a morning online, hunting for component bargains. Just means a busier afternoon once everything is fixed, but it's also my Friday tomorrow, so will be out on the trails on Friday - fark yeah.

Have a good one all, I'm off to the cafe over the road for a bacon bap and a brew.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Meh

That's all.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    alright mongs, how's it hanging?

"working" from home today which has seen me send 4 emails so far :D

still in pain after my OTB a few weeks ago, but cracked ribs are getting better slowly. I miss the bike though.

laters
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    welshkev wrote:
    You've already done more work than I usually do. One email so far and that's probably going to be it for the day.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    oodboo wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    You've already done more work than I usually do. One email so far and that's probably going to be it for the day.
    Too much work, pesky customers keep calling. I'm on to one now but he's really dull and keeps moaning about stuff I have no control over.
    Broken ribs are 'kin painful Kev, usually take about 6 weeks to heal as I recall. Just remember sneezing really hurts, especially if you damage a lung with a pointy bit of bone when doing so. Fitting the chest drain after you collapse from blood loss and can't breathe because your lung cavity is full of claret isn't exactly fun either. The week in hospital that follows doesn't help improve relations with the Mrs either.
    This is why I won't (can't) go downhilling with Stevo and MattH.
  • thekickingmule
    Stav wrote:
    Today I have a work placement guy in. I have no idea what to expect.

We have one in at the moment too, learning about Marketing. Little dude is pretty decent, he's 15 but looks like a 45 year old tax man, which is strange.
    Mine never turned up in the end. Apparently he has really bad toothache and had to go and see the emergency dentist :roll:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yeah yeah. Join the Pinno yellow chicken club :wink:

Surely lightning can't strike twice so you'll be fine. The only time I've bust my ribs is communting to work on the bike - shows how dangerous this roadie business is. Besides, when you're downhilling you can't get hurt in the air :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    feel like a fat muck
    There is another reason for that :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Surely lightning can't strike twice so you'll be fine. The only time I've bust my ribs is communting to work on the bike - shows how dangerous this roadie business is. Besides, when you're downhilling you can't get hurt in the air :P
    I believe it's the sudden stop that hurts. I've broken ribs on road (when I broke my finger), off road (drunk on a towpath) and falling off a tiny motorbike on a race track. The off road was the least of them as nothing else hit me.
    But yeah, although the Mrs wouldn't let me as she worries, we all know I'm a big jessie.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I believe it's the sudden stop that hurts. I've broken ribs on road (when I broke my finger), off road (drunk on a towpath) and falling off a tiny motorbike on a race track. The off road was the least of them as nothing else hit me.
    But yeah, although the Mrs wouldn't let me as she worries, we all know I'm a big jessie.
    You could try the totally original idea of lying about what sort of riding you'll be doing. Plenty of nice XC trails in Wales...how's she going to know? :wink:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening twunts,

Maison hunting continues apace, my number one pick has been pushed aside by a property that is described as a 'Hamlet' it has a house and gite beautifully finished and a few cottages for restoration plus various barns, sheds and a load of land. Oooh! and a really nice pool! And a TRACTOR, my life is complete, It means a load of work and much skint-ness untill all renovations are complete, Its also in the deux sevres department! Not really near any golf courses or major hills so its roadie territory! Come meet mr ditch roadie tw@!

Au revoir mon singes!

What to do!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    bg13 wrote:
    It means a load of work and much skint-ness untill all renovations are complete,

What to do!
    I'd say watch a few episodes of Grand Designs where people move to France and have building work done. Then have another think about whether you want to go through the 'fun' they experience.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro