Eastway bikes

MisterBlueSky42
MisterBlueSky42 Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Commuting general
Hi

I do not know too much about bikes but am looking to get a road style hybrid for journeys up to about 30 miles at a time on mainly A roads. I have never gotten used to road bikes and so conclude that I either buy one and get used to it, which is a gamble or buy a flat bar bike with similar characteristics. Budget is £400 though I would prefer to pay less it I can find something that will do the job.

I was looking at the Eastway bikes on Wiggle. This one in particular caught my eye with carbon forks:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/eastway-fb20-2014/

There doesn't seem much written about them but it seems they have been reduced quite a bit which makes me think they could be a bit of a bargain. Does anyone have an opinion on the spec of this bike and would they be able to recommend something better for the price?

I have in the past looked at the Jamis coda's and saw mention of decathalon on here with people recommending the fit 300 or fit 500. How do these bikes compare?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not familiar with the brand, but the spec looks very good for the money, although in terms of the available competition (Decathlon fit 500, Planet-X London road flatbar and Boardman Hybrid are all similar specs with slight variations) I'd put its true value at nearer £600 than 800 RRP - which probably explains why they are now being sold off cheap - but still a decent saving.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.