Tropical Tuesday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
Well wheelspinner didn't use there 11 hour advantage. Been for a swim to test my ankle, made myself sick, now time for work. Still laughing at welbeck scoring.

Sorted out more club stuff including have the kit design signed off. Booked Paris and Oslo. Both dogs have a lame leg, makes walking them easy, except they go nuts.

Maybe I'll buy more bike stuff today

Shame the ankle ruined my ski holiday, still bitter about it.

Enjoy Swansea Matt try to avoid any descents
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks,
    Whilst lovely and sunny it didn't feel particularly tropical riding in. Very nice though, the deer in the park were feeling a bit frisky, lots of practising for the rut going on. So long as they don't practise on me that's fine. Might go and meet the EPO for lunch as it's nice out, haven't done that for months. I wonder what food they'll have on. Other than that I'm hoping for a quieter day as we have 2 more people in than we had yesterday. Onwards and upwards.
  • Flâneur
    Christ this meeting is dull.

Not a bad ride in considering you live where everyone thinks is just smog.

Debating renaming my bike links to wife, mistress and hooker.

Still feeling gutted for Boonen

Forgot to add earlier, had one of those sweet drives home last night, engine rev was spot on, gear shifting sweet and every bend could just be taken without any idiotic cyclists, cars or tractors in the way.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Not a bad ride in considering you live where everyone thinks is just smog.
    Indeed, I'm lucky in that respect. It's only 6 miles and the middle 2 are across Bushy Park. If I can be bothered I can take the longer route through Richmond Park or along the river then either along the other side of the river or along the road if I'm running late. Not bad at all for a London commute.
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Debating renaming my bike links to wife, mistress and hooker.
    I think Piña is rubbing off on you, better that than him rubbing himself off on you.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    Today was supposed to be good, nice and sunny so I plotted an 80km ride around the south of Manchester and back home.

Got up at 5.50, all good and then realised I'd be in the London of the north, on a pedal bike, in rush hour traffic. So I did a local 60km route instead with pleanty of climbing.

I'd also arranged to have today off hoping that my minion's wife wouldn't drop a sprog until tonight so I could do some decorating, she dropped early so I'm in work for a few hours to cover lunch breaks etc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    New tack today, just sneaking in before deadline here... 11.50pm Tuesday.

Took day off. Saw Doc early for result of bone scan and associated test. I have lots of arthritis apparently, none of which can really be treated in any way. Yippee.

Had new job interview which went pretty well, so I may get the joy of changing jobs. Means I'll have to do actual work though.

Played tennis, bad for neck, but good for head. Dinner out, which involved a spectacularly good crispy roast duck in preserved lemon and ginger amongst other yummy bits.

Off for a few hours snooze before Wednesday starts...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Shame the ankle ruined my ski holiday, still bitter about it.
    Forgot you were due to go to La Grave - bummer! I'm headed back to France next year for sure - probably Tgnes/Val d'Isere.

Been shopping today and ordered myself a new suit. Been measured up and bizarrely I'm exactly the same size as 6 years ago when I got the first one from the same place 8) Just got to wait for it to get made and come back from some place in Nepal.

And beer tonight in my regular boozer down on The Strand. Not a bad day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Coal Hole?
    Just been out for lunch with the Mrs. It's glorious out there, rode back slowly through Crane Park as my full belly would make riding at any speed too much like hard work. Saw a couple of foxes sunning themselves on a lawn the other side of the river. Unfortunately the furry kind.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Coal Hole?
    Just been out for lunch with the Mrs. It's glorious out there, rode back slowly through Crane Park as my full belly would make riding at any speed too much like hard work. Saw a couple of foxes sunning themselves on a lawn the other side of the river. Unfortunately the furry kind.

Strange people go to the coal hole!

Still in Swansea, which means it's going to be a late night
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Coal Hole?
    That'd be a yes then.
  • Flâneur
    try not to make it an early morning.

I wish I could discuss some of the emails I get on here would make everyone's day so much better.

I'll make up for it with Japan next year or Argentina this summer.... maybe
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Coal Hole?
    That'd be a yes then.
    Yep, I'm there now supping a pint of Mortimers cider while I wait for my mate to turn up. They've just refurbished the basement and the food menu looks quite decent.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    I knew a girl from Val d'isere... It was long ago and it was far away and it was so... Her Dad owned a shop there - Saucissons Goin, but she preferred my sausage. :D

Nuff of lamenting.

What a glorious day to be working but took a detour over a seldom ridden route today on the way back and discovered a lonely farmers wife. No I didn't, that's a lie. I discovered that the very gravel stretch of about 200m had been very recently tarmacked. Wahey. That makes the full Rhins loop a hefty 80 very hilly miles.
    Not for the soft.

I bet tomorrow will be a howler because I can fit a decent ride in.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    You should have shagged a girl in Tignes because because then you'd be a member of the Mile High Club like me. Val D'Isere isn't quite high enough :wink:
  • pinno
    I guess that puts me in the half mile club except she and I were in Eeeeeastbawn at the time.
    4 months of her nearly killed me.
  • Stevo_666
    "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, Pinno used to be able to pull the birds...."
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, Pinno used to be able to pull the birds...."

No you plonker, Meat Loaf.

I used to have hair and I used to pull.

I also used to go out and drink beer but then ended up a 40 something Daddy with 2 little one's and a job from hell which i enjoy but cont p94
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I also used to go out and drink beer but then ended up a 40 something Daddy with 2 little one's and a job from hell which i enjoy but cont p94
    "Like a tw@t out of hell..." :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The cider is reaching parts that other beers can't reach obviously.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

First time I've laughed at one of his jokes!
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

First time I've laughed at one of his jokes!
    :shock: :mrgreen: