Bicycle Parking near Kings Cross

jeepie1999
jeepie1999 Posts: 78
edited March 2015 in Commuting chat
Is there any publicly available off street parking which can be rented for a few hours near to Kings Cross? I fancy leaving my bike there for meetings from time to time.

Comments

• stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Meetings?
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    stu-bim wrote:
    Meetings?
    :D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    You want somewhere to stay near Kings Cross that charges by the hour for meetings, is this what you are asking?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Oh no, no, no!

I just want somewhere as safe as possible for me to leave my steed for a few hours whilst I go and do a bit of work. If there are formal facilities which I have to pay a few £££s for then that would be ideal. The alternative is to ride my old bike and chain it up on the street.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    "ride an old bike"?

(there'll probably be bike parking racks at St Pancras, and guessing they'd be under CCTV as the station is new)
    Edit: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/st-pancras ... n/parking/
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    there is plenty of bike racks at the British library, this said that is where my last bike got stolen!
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    There's quite a few bike racks around St Pancras station / kings cross.

On the corner of goods way and St Pancras way, opposite St Pancras station, there is a new build office block which houses Camden town hall as well as a leisure centre. There's a rack directly outside the main entrance which seems like as good a spot as any. There's also an underground car park which is part of the same complex and if the bike is half decent I'd definitely try and blag my way into this. Most security guards are pretty decent if you show em a bit of charm.

I'd find it hard to relax if my bike was locked to a rack for any length of time... They're spending a lot of money on the Kings cross area at the moment and it's definitely improved, but like my grandmother used to say, you can't polish a turd!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    TurboTommy wrote:
    ... but like my grandmother used to say, you can't polish a turd!

As with many traditional sayings - they're more often incorrect than correct: http://youtu.be/yiJ9fy1qSFI :mrgreen: