Tights/trousers question

daveb99
daveb99 Posts: 273
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for a pair of cycling trousers that aren't tights (i.e. a slightly looser fit).

Why, you may ask? Because I need them just for pootling around the streets on my hybrid with the kids, for days when I don't want to put all the lycra on....

Any suggestions? I'm struggling to find anything (and it needs to be fairly cheap!).
2012 Scott CR1 SL
2013 Dolan Dual
2016 Boardman Pro 29er

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can't you just stick some track suit bottoms over some shorts?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I wear these:

gregg-homme-cowboy-chaps-steel-front-1.jpg
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • 86inch
    86inch Posts: 161
    How about Ron Hill Tracksters?
  • crikey
    crikey Posts: 362
    Cheap option is to buy some walking trews from TK Maxx or any other cheapo walking trews supplier. Expensive and stylish option is to buy some Montane Terra pants; £40-£60, finest trews for activity related use, with press-stud fastenings at the bottom to avoid chain related shenanigans.

Or just tuck your trews into your socks.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    I wear something similar to these. They're not specifically for cycling but do the job. - http://www.cycledivision.co.uk/product- ... AtVl8P8HAQ
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Grill wrote:
    I wear these:

gregg-homme-cowboy-chaps-steel-front-1.jpg

Mine have longer tassles and I lose the briefs
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • It depends what you define as being cheap, but I wear a pair of Endura Singletrack trousers over bib shorts when commuting and they have been faultless. They are around £61 or so usually but they are reasonably water resistant, wash up very well and seem to be pretty tough so you will be spreading the cost over a lot of use. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endu ... -prod85240 Oh, and the vents seem to work pretty well too.