Done it all monday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
well, I've already done all the tasks ear marked for today! :D

Sun is shining, no wind, currently 16c and rising, just need to finish 2nd coffee and I may well go out for a bike ride.

One decision left...which bike?
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    I've got a mild hangover and a cold.

I suppose today can only get better.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Mondays are always recovery days
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Not a recovery day for me - work-wise anyway. After having the weekend from hell and driving for 5 hours yesterday it was never going to be great. The drive was only made bearable by cranking up 'Best of the Clash' on the car stereo. At least half of today is over...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Another day, and it isn't half over, got a feeling I have another 6 hours left. Then a club committee meeting at 7:30 for my sins
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    Good news yesterday though, another foreign cycling jaunt might be on the cards!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Work men with way too much hasstle and not enough fun - this is very wrong
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Today s proving rather busier than anticipated. The retail mob have a sale on and I'm having to field some calls. My favourite so far is the bloke that ordered some nuts and bolts, 1 of each not volume. The total was less than £5 and he wanted discount, when I refused he asked for free carriage. Still, at least he didn't ask for Haribo. Eyes are aching so I've had to wear my glasses, I've had them for 2 years but very rarely need them. In fact this is only the 3rd time I've used them. I must be getting old.
  • homers_double
    Our local engineers store have have a little cash jar for when guys walk in off the street asking for "one of these please". Its easier than generating an invoice etc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Eyes are aching so I've had to wear my glasses, I've had them for 2 years but very rarely need them. In fact this is only the 3rd time I've used them. I must be getting old.

i've had my eyes most of my life and they never seem to ache, maybe you are still getting used to yours?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Eyes are aching so I've had to wear my glasses, I've had them for 2 years but very rarely need them. In fact this is only the 3rd time I've used them. I must be getting old.

i've had my eyes most of my life and they never seem to ache, maybe you are still getting used to yours?
    Could be, I've only had them 46 years. They feel more tired than the rest of me does if that makes sense. I've always been bothered by wind, it sometimes makes them go red and water. Besides that, when riding the bike I get a draft over the top of my cycling glasses and that bothers my eyes as well. I'd convinced the Mrs that I need some Oakleys that seemed to fir quite well, then tried them on and they don't fit my helmet.
  • Flâneur
    V68, OT but your torm jersey, is it light enough for summer use or is it heavier than say the rapha summer jersey?

My love affair with Rapha is just about over as I can't handle the new colours and designs
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    V68, OT but your torm jersey, is it light enough for summer use or is it heavier than say the rapha summer jersey?

My love affair with Rapha is just about over as I can't handle the new colours and designs
    It's not mine, I stole it off Ugo but don't tell anyone. I'd say it's a bit warm for full on summer use more of an in between thing.
  • Torm jerseys are a bit lighter than Rapha, they're the same material but slightly less wool mix. I use mine in the summer with a craft summer baselayer and no problems. Nice stuff.
  • Flâneur
    Cheers, I don't touch the club jersey in the summer, only the summer weight or super light ones sometimes with a base layer, tend to run hot after the first few miles. I put effort in after all
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Oi - f*ck off to road general you lot.

Meh meh meh Monday. Gales and rain and sleet and the line 'I knew i shouldn't have got out of bed this morning' feeling.

Tuesday will be worse. Tuesday is always worse than Monday. Then it won't be long to Wednesday. Wednesday is always better then a Tuesday.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Oi - f*ck off to road general you lot.

Meh meh meh Monday. Gales and rain and sleet and the line 'I knew i shouldn't have got out of bed this morning' feeling.

Tuesday will be worse. Tuesday is always worse than Monday. Then it won't be long to Wednesday. Wednesday is always better then a Tuesday.

Laters.

Tuesday is driving to Swansea for a meeting :(
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Pack the bike if you're down that way :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Pack the bike if you're down that way :D

one in the boot :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    I said bike, not hooker.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    I said bike, not hooker.

You can still ride her :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    I'm still not sure which one you're talking about :)