Brompton BS

agnello
agnello Posts: 239
edited March 2015 in Commuting general
No not a new model but in response to this pseudish rationale for the new Black Bromptons

Brompton CEO, Will Butler-Adams OBE, says of the Black Edition: “I’m lucky that my job enables me to travel to many cities around the world, most recently Bangkok for the opening of our eighth Brompton Junction. One of my favourite things to do is to cycle through cities at night, the roads are often quieter and you see a different side to city life, lit up against the backdrop of the dark sky. City life at night was the inspiration behind the Black Edition, we were keen to try a sleek matt black Brompton mixed with pops of bright colour, as well as the full black effect.”

That and the fact that black bikes are popular at the moment. Also isn't black a fairly daft tonal choice for nocturnal riding?

'Yah, they were inspired by the night because, you know, the night is pretty black too'
Stumpjumper FSR Comp
Eddy Merckx Strada
Gios Compact KK
Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
Canyon CF CLX / Record
Charge Plug 3
Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Black is the new...er black, accept it and move on.

It's marketing, it's all BS.

My commuter has been near enough all black since 2010, does that make me a trend setter?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    Years ago I was very influenced by the first two Mad Max films, I had a matt black motorbike and I was continuously told it looked a right state.

A few years later, Ducati started flogging matt black bikes, a few years after that, matt black was the new, er, black and was seen as trendy and all sorts of ludicrous statements like the one above were trotted out as scores of different products were covered in what is probably the cheapest paint known to mankind.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    A friend of mine parked a Ducati Mostro outside my house the other day.

He said it was matt black,with a black saddle and black detailing and he thought it was about the coolest machine on the planet.

To be honest, I couldn't see it.....
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Was it so black that light just seemed to fall into it?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.