Dryday Friday!

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,232
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
Boom! 35km in the bag without a drop of rain! Downside is I lost my back light but as summers on it's way I'm not going to go hunting for it.

HD's tip of the day - Have a good poo before you set off on a bike ride or it will haunt you all the way round.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I was up early so 40 miles before work and no one more senior than me is in today (does that mean i'm in charge? that's worrying for the business!) so may even be able to get off a bit early!

If it wasn't so windy a good start to the day (and given my relaxed approach to Fridays - weekend)
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I was worried about the thread title until I realised it was weather related. Pleasant ride in this morning, nearly 6 miles as I hate getting up early. Good ride home last night, first time in ages I've felt even vaguely well, not many dog walkers and kids in the park so I managed to keep up a reasonable pace. It's fryday so that can only mean one thing, caffcaffcaff. Lots of fried piggy will be consumed. Looking forward to the weekend.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Contrary to the recent theme, today turned out quite well. Lovely weather. Meeting early that went better than anticipated. Had a call from headhunter to arrange an interview for new job next week. Then browsing Faceplant over coffee saw a post pop up in a local bike group offering a perfectly good frame *free*. Instant PM to say yes please, and turned out to be a lovely bloke who refused to accept even beer for it! Said he'd got it free in the past so was just passing on the good karma.

Cannondale Jekyll from a few years ago, in superb nick for its age. Result!! Faith in humanity restored big time.

Left work early to celebrate. Excellent dinner, wine, then a walk along the coast in 23 deg C temps under full moon, watching the surf crash in.

Quality day indeed. 8) 8)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sat in a box of a meeting room all day dealing with students who can't think for themselves
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Just resolved a 5 month battle with NPower. Not to my exact satisfaction, but needed to draw a line somewhere. Sorted out my income tax. 'Going to get rid of some stress with a nice 50km in the forest this avo.

Word of warning. Anyone thinking of switching to NPower. DON'T. Everything you hear and read about them is true. Quite the most hopeless customer service experience I've endured. Am moving to one of the smaller ones.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    HD's tip of the day - Have a good poo before you set off on a bike ride or it will haunt you all the way round.
    Haunt or soil? :)

@Goo - have a look at Ovo. Been with them about 3 years and good on price and service. And they pay you 3% interest on credit balances - better than my ****ing bank.

Afternoon,

Budget presentation to board done and survived rather well if I may so myself. I think the €15m Euro tax refund we are in with a shout of getting soon kinda helped. Anyway, onwards to more meetings then packing this evening for a long slog in the car to the frozen North tomorrow am.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913

I find it's the bad ones that really haunt you
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    One person's dry day is different from another's dry day.

Been pedalling, fettling, and generally mulling around. Not much work today and I have finished already.

Stevo: Money rich, time poor.
    Pinno: Time rich, money poor.
    Team47b: Time rich money rich... bored.
    Matth: Money rich until drunk, money poor.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    One person's dry day is different from another's dry day.

Been pedalling, fettling, and generally mulling around. Not much work today and I have finished already.

Stevo: Money rich, time poor.
    Pinno: Time rich, money poor.
    Team47b: Time rich money rich... bored.
    Matth: Money rich until drunk, money poor.

laters.
    V68: Money poor, time poor...rich in other ways.
  • Flâneur
    Someone go the pub for me please
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    These words were on my mind as I left the office, something was reminding me of them all the way home too. :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Done. Sneaky after work beer, seems I'm not that time poor :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Time rich, money rich, life rich, charmed life, not bored, Wahey it's the weekend :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Every other building is a pub up there.
  • Flâneur
    Home, and the day just went downhill from the start, bought some beers from the bottle shop though make up for being ditched at the last second for a date. Had turned down an expenses dinner for the date too
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. I just can't figure out why Matt h doesn't live in London.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. I just can't figure out why Matt h doesn't live in London.

Not when Bridgnorth is just a stone's throw away. You can start up town in uptown and make your way down to the low town called low town. It's all downhill and you can even get a wheel chair lift to the bottom. I am pretty sure they built the rail/wheelchair/tram thingy for transporting drunks. You can't get a return ticket for some inexplicable reason.

Reminds me of Lewes in a funny sort of way except for the rail/wheelchair/tram thingy and no 4x winter ale* in Bridgnorth *the stuff of legends).