A little tune...

briantrumpet
briantrumpet Posts: 17,927
edited March 2015 in The cake stop
Just a little tune to bring a little smile to your face, perhaps. One wot I writted today while having a swim, and recorded tonight while the cabbage boiled.

https://soundcloud.com/briantrumpet/sambossa-2-5-1mp3

EDIT - and if you're wondering what the relevance to cycling is, my Olympus recorder was resting in my right cycling shoe (my foot wasn't in it at the time).

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    You certainly like to blow your own trumpet don't you!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • briantrumpet
    Chris Bass wrote:
    You certainly like to blow your own trumpet don't you!
    It's safer than blowing someone else's. Not only that, but occasionally people pay me for it too.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I did like the tune btw ☺
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • briantrumpet
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I did like the tune btw ☺
    Thanks. It's actually one I wrote to a specific educational brief, but I ended up being rather pleased with how it turned out. It needed to be catchy - I think it is.

(If anyone's interested, it's a tune for learning by ear, and for practising improvisation, based on the 2-5-1 chord sequence, including a minor 2-5-1 in the bridge, in a Latin groove.)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Very good. I do admire musicians as I am severely lacking in any musical ability, I had piano lessons as a kid and was dreadful. Thankfully there are people with significantly more talent and patience than I have in the world.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,025
    I've just joined a regge band as I'm a pro triangle player.

I just stand at back an ting...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    5ths, n-i-c-e
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I've just joined a regge band as I'm a pro triangle player.

I just stand at back an ting...
    I stole that and shared it with my colleagues in the cafe just now. Much childish giggling followed.
  • briantrumpet
    Actually, the triangle is really difficult to play well. I only discovered this when I ended up sight reading on it in a rehearsal for a concert with Jose Cura conducting (I know, he's famous for singing, not conducting), and I was trying to read the part, look at the triangle so I hit it in exactly the same place every time while it tried to spin around, and watch Jose Cura.

Oh, and I discovered that you can do vibrato on a triangle. See there's a whole world of experience out there with triangles you didn't know about.