BMC GF01 Frameset - DTI Kit??

bsharp77
bsharp77 Posts: 533
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
Morning guys,

Im seriously considering the BMC GF01 Frameset Westbrook Cycles have on offer at the minute.

I got in touch about using with a mechanical groupset (SRAM Red) and they have said it will accept it, but will need a DTI kit to do so - which they do not stock.

Does anyone know where to get one and what exactly it entails??
Google is provides little information on it - if its going to be a faff, or end up looking like a bit of a bodge job i'll just forget about it.

Comments

• brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Yes, if you are going mechanical you will need to order

212179 Mechanical Kit #3
    212180 BB Cable Guide #1
    212181 Chaincatcher Kit (they have a clever integrated chain catcher, but the frame doesn't come with it)

If you want the BMC seatpost as well it is 215416 Compliance Seatpost Stealth.

I've also got some of the Di2 holes plug kit spare as I ordered by mistake, so let me know if you want that (just rubber grommets with nice BMC logo)

You will need to order from Evans Special Orders.

I know all this, as I have got one sitting at home waiting to be built up, but I went with the Di2 gear kit :)
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • bsharp77
    What a reply.....and thats why I love these forums!
    Thanks so much for all the information and kind offer on the plug kit.

Im just worried with all the adaptors and plugs needed to run mechanical, it will look like a bit of a bodge job - as you have the frame could you give your view on how the aesthetics would look with a mechanical setup.

Would I be better off looking for a different frame (was considering the Boardman SLS 9.2 but its expensive!).
  • brettjmcc
    Look at the current GF02 on the BMC site to see what it looks with mechanical. I think it will be fine IMO.

BTW, I had to buy the plug kit as I am running Di2 to cover the rivnuts (BMC don't even put these in on built bikes).

PM me and I will send you the SpareParts list
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon
  • bsharp77
    A big thank you to Brett who has been more than helpful - a credit to the forums!

I shall post photos of the finished bike when its ready to ride.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Very tempted myself looks amazing
  • brettjmcc
    Come on down and see me Jeff and have a gander at it... though knowing you, that will be all the encouragement you would need LOL :)
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon