Grand Canyon CF HT 5.9

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited March 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

Simple one really. Does anyone own this bike and if so how do you find it?
Is it worth the money for XC racing (I can upgrade parts) or should I look at a 27.5"? My theory is 29" is the way to go.
If not the canyon HT CF then what would you suggest for approx £1500

Thanks
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• mikeyj28
    oxoman wrote:
    Have a look on pauls cycles website they have cannondales and Giant Anthem 29 X1 within your budget 2014 model in medium plus several others under budget. The Anthem are well worth looking at they climb nearly as well as a hardtail IMHO, but I'm biased as I have the SX 27,5. Well worth considering and loads of giant dealers around if you have problems.

thank you for the reply.i already have an anthem and am looking at a HT. Agree that they are good bikes though and hope you have a lot of fun on it.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • gazcarsf1
    gazcarsf1 Posts: 130
    I looked at this as well, and a Cube reaction gtc race, I already have a Canyon spectral and the bike and customer service have been great, but I went and bought the cube, reason was i could get the 2015 model with 20% discount, which made the bike £1280 and free servicing for the first year with a local dealer.I also thought that the cube was a slightly better spec, so far really happy with the Cube.
    Cube reaction gtc race 2011 26er, Canyon spectral al 8.0 2014, cube reaction gtc race 2015 29er
    How much for that!!!!!
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • mikeyj28
    Thanks for the replies guys.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A riding buddy from my club took delivery of one last week, first ride out he was very happy with it and took an outright KOM on strava on that first ride, so he seemed pretty pleased.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.