Anybody has idea about this wheel?

HANSCANVAN
HANSCANVAN Posts: 11
edited March 2015 in Workshop
Hi! Nice to meet you guys and girls.
I just registered here to ask something my trouble.

I bought new wheel which has hubs for 10 cassette. BUT my bike is full shimano 6800 ultegra.
I was going to replace the hub body, There is nothing information about this hub. thus I stuck in.

I went to bike shops, they said they need to search about it that it can work with free hub body or not.
I searched again i found nothing..
because the hub body is not real shimano and the wheel company made hub their own.

Please help me out to use this wheel with my bike. Thank you!

Here is references

F/Wheel Weight: 693g
R/Wheel Weight: 973g

Front Rim:
Spec- 700* H38*16hΦ2.4
Material- Clincher Carbon

Rear Rim:
Spec-700C*H38*20h*Φ2.4
Material- Clincher Carbon

Front Hub:
Spec-14G*16H
Material- Aluminium Alloy(6061-T6)

Rear Hub:
Spec-14G*20H
Material-Aluminium Alloy(6061-T6)

Front Spokes:
Spec-L277mm
Material- Stainless Steal

Rear Spokes:
Spec- (L286mm) Or (14G*L270mm)
Material-Stainless Steal

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So what is the actual problem?

Shimano donor make body's for other companies. But many companies make shimano patten bodies. So you will not get a shimano brand body to fit.

So what are you trying to fix?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I went to many bike shops to change hub.
    All of mechanics said they are not sure they can replace or not. because the hub is not normal(dt swiwss, bontregeur something these things)
    and they are trying to search about the wheels.

Around here, Nobody knows. That's my problem.
  • JayKosta
    JayKosta Posts: 635
    Is your question about the freehub itself, and NOT about how a cassette fits onto the freehub?

If YES, then it's likely that the freehub is proprietary to the maker of the hub itself, and repair or replacement freehub parts might be difficult to find.

If the freehub is working OK, then all you need to determine is whether the splines on the freehub are sized for use with 'Shimano compatible' or 'Campy compatible' cassettes.

It's too late now, but you should have asked whether the freehub was for Shimano or Campy - it is typical for the specs of the hub to indicate, or to allow you to choose.

Jay Kosta
    Endwell NY USA
  • Don't know free hub body will work with it.
    I might wrote wrong. it's about hub body.

thank you!!
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Where did you buy the wheels from ?

This might be an option to try
    http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 4&t=119299
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Are you sure it's n ot 11 speed? it looks quite long for a 10 speed freehub...
    Anyway... if the cassette doesn't fit, then you need to remove the freehub and post photos of it, it's probably one of the 3 main Taiwanese manufacturers, but which is hard to say
    left the forum March 2023
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    HANSCANVAN wrote:
    I bought new wheel which has hubs for 10 cassette. BUT my bike is full shimano 6800 ultegra.
    I was going to replace the hub body, There is nothing information about this hub. thus I stuck
    Seems obvious to me what Hans wants, and Ugo understands too

Hans thinks he has a 10sp hub but he needs to fit 11sp cassette, he's trying to change the freehub body

All the info and photos Hans posted appear to have come from this Craigslist Vancouver item ...
    http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/bdp/4883703478.html
  • trailflow wrote:
    Where did you buy the wheels from ?

This might be an option to try
    http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 4&t=119299

Wow. People are amazing. But I can not afford to do it.
    By the way, Thank you so much!
  • Are you sure it's n ot 11 speed? it looks quite long for a 10 speed freehub...
    Anyway... if the cassette doesn't fit, then you need to remove the freehub and post photos of it, it's probably one of the 3 main Taiwanese manufacturers, but which is hard to say

You taught me that How to ask to people. I will do that. Thank you:) I'm newby of this website..
  • andy_wrx wrote:
    HANSCANVAN wrote:
    I was going to replace the hub body, There is nothing information about this hub. thus I stuck
    Seems obvious to me what Hans wants, and Ugo understands too

Hans thinks he has a 10sp hub but he needs to fit 11sp cassette, he's trying to change the freehub body

All the info and photos Hans posted appear to have come from this Craigslist Vancouver item ...
    http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/bdp/4883703478.html

Yea. You got it.