I guess it's humpday Wednesday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
high blood glucose so no breakfast, typing this instead, Mmm nutritious words can't resist, must not type food related words, porri porrid...

Don't you just absolutely hate the way that absolutely f'tard politicians sprinkle superfluousity through absolutely all utterences.
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Weetabix for breakfast, porridge would have been better. Not got any lunch so I shall have to go in search of something. The choice is Sainsbury's, Tesco Metro, cafe, chippy or Greggs. Sainsbury's £3 meal deal usually wins I get a fancy sandwich a bottle of juice and some crisps. Might buy some biscuits too, maybe even some fruit. I'm waiting on a cup of tea at the moment, should have a wee to make space for it.
    Anyway it's Wednesday so pub for me later, that can only be a good thing. Maybe we should change the name from humpday to pubday.
    Tea has arrived, I haven't had my wee yet though. I'd better go I guess.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Humpday it is, landed home, off to work, dressed for Italy and the weather is British.

Thank you all for your concern, however unlike some others I have not gone MIA (KIA?) or become a lurker (Arran).

Ankle is still fuber but hey, I did consider resigning and moving to Florence even if there are too many American students (where bad Americans go to live?)

I most certainly did not ride a bike, and yes the invasion of crudders is worrying, however at least they provide amusing company.

Uffizi, probably the most overrated museum going, at least it was free.

Thank you for your concern

Kind Regards
    Sa0dgfdgfdgfdsgfdsgesrytesgb
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Political prevarication, perfidiousness and procrastination in Portugal causing purposeful puzzlement and perplexity to one particular person !?

Just waiting for that porridge to reach the parts that other cereals cannot reach and the weather to improve a tad so I can go and pedal some.
    Coffee is far too good sometimes. Thank you to Bialetti, Lavazza and some Colombian farmers.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I did consider resigning and moving to Florence
    My old man went to Italy for 5 days to be best man at a wedding some years back. Called work and said he wasn't going back. Wound up staying for quite a few years and marrying the younger sister from the original wedding.
  • Flâneur
    Too many unfinished chapters at home (is that even a reason?), and my bikes. Eyeing up a move to Australia if I can find a proper job with a years contract and mother will keep the dogs (which she will)

I find it odd that with Italy we always associate the place with the Romans yet the more I see of it the more I just think mediaeval renaissance is what remains and is what is shown off.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Yes, Verona has loads of both, beautiful town.
    I love Italy but couldn't live there. Just the sheer amount of faffing by the people and bureaucracy if you're trying to get anything done are too much for me. Great place for holidays though.
    Australia doesn't appeal to me, full of Australians. Don't tell Wheelspinner I said that though.
  • team47b
    Don't keep on about food! :roll:

Ok, I had lunch now, moussaka, avocado salad and purple sweet potatoes, café and a Diabetic chocolate digestive, so carry on. :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Thank you all for your concern, however unlike some others I have not gone MIA (KIA?) or become a lurker (Arran).

Oih, I resemble that comment :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Boot camp last night, HIT so I was foobared going to bed.

Alarm set for 6am as I'd planned a small 50km ride before a late site meeting. Couldn't sleep, sweating, couging up crap and sniffling.

Woke up properly with a cold at 5.55 (5 minutes before alarm went off), pilled up and went back to bed.

Now sat in my office drinking Lemsip
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:

Ok, I had lunch now, moussaka, avocado salad and purple sweet potatoes, café and a Diabetic chocolate digestive, so carry on. :D
    Couldn't resist, sorry.
    I didn't know biscuits could get diabetes. Poor little thing.
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Couldn't resist, sorry.

That's how you catch it...obvious innit! :D
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Couldn't resist, sorry.

That's how you catch it...obvious innit! :D
    I should be careful then, I eat a lot of biscuits.
  • Flâneur
    I need sleep but first coffee.

had some Haribo today for the sugar hit, can't say I am a fan but you do want to keep eating the feckers.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Oih, I resemble that comment :P
    Who the feck are you? And will you be joining us on 26th June? :wink:

Evening people,

I'm headed home to feed my face and follow the footy. Work was surprisingly relaxed after we got a few stupid projects kicked into the long grass. The joys of office politics...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Whats happening on the 26th June?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:

More silliness in the land of sheep and rain going uphill with assistance and downhill on scaffolding clad with kevlar, knee pads, incontinence pads and crash helmets. They call themselves 'cyclists'. :roll:
  • Flâneur
    I could be tempted with that to be honest, only got a front sus though...
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    sa0u823e wrote:

Oh go on then, what could possibly go wrong?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Not much tbh, I could be in Aus by then if I find a job. Could just man up and use the CX bike, better brakes and handling.

Fook United and there last minute luck
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yes, Verona has loads of both, beautiful town.
    I love Italy but couldn't live there. Just the sheer amount of faffing by the people and bureaucracy if you're trying to get anything done are too much for me. Great place for holidays though.
    Australia doesn't appeal to me, full of Australians. Don't tell Wheelspinner I said that though.

Not many of us left here tbh... *mutter, mutter*, place is over-run with bl00dy foreigners *grumble, rant*...
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Matt h did it on a hard tail (after a night on the lash) and came through completely unscathed. In fact he's going back :) Easy peasy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Not much tbh, I could be in Aus by then if I find a job. Could just man up and use the CX bike, better brakes and handling.

Fook United and there last minute luck

No jobs here, no sirreee, nothing to see, move along folks.. :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Matt h did it on a hard tail (after a night on the lash) and came through completely unscathed. In fact he's going back :) Easy peasy.

That's because the alcohol dulled his senses and acted as an anaesthetic. FFS, don't let matt go down the hill sober.
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2015
    sa0u823e wrote:

More silliness in the land of sheep and rain going uphill with assistance and downhill on scaffolding clad with kevlar, knee pads, incontinence pads and crash helmets. They call themselves 'cyclists'. :roll:
    We call ourselves 'mountain bikers' to distinguish ourselves from 'cyclists' who seem to think that you will fall off the edge of the earth if you leave tarmac while on two wheels :)

Stevo: 'Pinno, do you fancy trying a bit of downhill? It's good fun.'
    Pinno: 'No, I wouldn't like it.'
    Stevo: 'Why not?'
    Pinno: 'Because I've never tried it.'

:wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

That's because the alcohol dulled his senses and acted as an anaesthetic. FFS, don't let matt go down the hill sober.
    Not much chance of that :D Suppose it does help to be relaxed, bit like beer skiing.
  • pinno
    Pinno: Why on earth do you want to get in a van and then go downhill for a few minutes on a bike?
    Stevo: Because it is fun.
    Pinno: You do realise that there are millions of cyclists who like riding uphill and then downhill as fast as they can under their own steam?
    Stevo: That's just crazy.
    Pinno: Some road cyclists may think you are just a lazy fecker and what you actually do is not cycling but some sort of gravity assisted sh!t on two wheels.
    Stevo: Well they would, they just don't understand.
  • Flâneur
    I am a lazy fecker, I just go up hill to prove a point
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

I wouldn't do that on a road bike, so why do it on a mountain bike?
  • veronese68
    Could just man up and use the CX bike, better brakes and handling.
    Hmmm, tried that and failed. CX bikes are not great on bumpy downhill sections off road. If you try it take a change of undercrackers.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno: Why on earth do you want to get in a van and then go downhill for a few minutes on a bike?
    Stevo: Because it is fun.
    Pinno: You do realise that there are millions of cyclists who like riding uphill and then downhill as fast as they can under their own steam?
    Stevo: That's just crazy.
    Pinno: Some road cyclists may think you are just a lazy fecker and what you actually do is not cycling but some sort of gravity assisted sh!t on two wheels.
    Stevo: Well they would, they just don't understand.
    For once you're right :)

But at least I do road riding and mountain biking (including the odd bit of pedalling uphill) :shock: :wink: