Any front lights with throbbing mode? (breathing effect)

FancySpokes
FancySpokes Posts: 4
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
Can anyone help me find front lights with a throbbing/breathing mode?

So far I can only find the follow:
Lezyne Hecto Drive (pulse mode)

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    Is this a wind up? :roll:
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    Exposure Trace do. Probably other Exposure ones too. It's not really quite a seeing where you go kind of light though. Just a be seen one.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    My Knog Blinder 1s have this mode. But again, they're only small 'be seen' lights.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cateye Rapid X front does.
    Its a bit of an 'out of breath' breath though. Quite fast.

The Rapid X (front and rear standard size) are made in Japan too :wink:

Is this for a non bike use by any chance?
  • I just want to use them as "be seen" lights for darker days and solo rides.

I can't stand the normal flashing/strobe lights you seen on bikes all the time. The breathing mode is much 'calmer' and just as visible in my opinion.

I found a few options for the rear (Smart R2, Cygolight Hotshot, Lezyne Hecto/Micro Drive) but couldn't find many front lights with this same sort of slow pulse effect.

I will have a look at your suggestions... any others?!
  • Had a look at the suggestions...

Exposure Tracer - Could only find one video but it doesn't appear to 'breathe'... just constant on with a fast pulse?

Knog 1 - Better, but again no pure slow breathing mode.

Cateye Rapid - Almost... as you say it's much too fast but the effect is correct.

To clarify, this is the effect I'm looking for, just on a front light instead:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tst0aVxQtik
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not sure a 'breathing' mode will be all that visible on a front light during the day.

A Knog Blinder on alternate flash (It has two lenses) is a great front light for daytime use.