Satellite view of?

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2015 in Pro race
417.jpg

Would put in climb thread but the search isn't working.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• sTELVIO
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    North side.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Got it, darn you SGS. I like this game, though
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    OK then:
    - could also be one for the "hardest climbs" thread, and certainly one for a "fantasy climbs" thread:
    olympus_mons.jpg

Anyone for a 6% ascent.... for 400km?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Olympus Mons
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • mrpowly
    mrpowly Posts: 16
    Only a third of the gravity though, easy.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    The surface is probably better than most of the roads around here as well.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    mrpowly wrote:
    Only a third of the gravity though, easy.

Yeah, and the air's also thinner, which is good for the aero but a pain for the not-being-dead thing. Plus I'm willing to bet that it'll play merry hell with your biopassport levels...

(although in all honesty, if anyone tries to get off their apparent doping by claiming 'it's because I'm a part-time astronaut' I'd be tempted to let them get away with it for sheer chutzpah)
  • Got it, darn you SGS. I like this game, though

Walked all the way down after that stage 2012 - that was that weird time when a rider out of Vaconsoleil after the stag finish said to a helper 'I can't see at all' and she said 'oh OK I'll see if I can get some sugar from the cafe or somewhere' as if it was a common occurrence ?? :shock:

saw De Gendt at the check in queue at Bergamo on the Monday - don't think I could have stood up - you could almost see through him
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    sawd4i.jpg
  • ellerslierd
    ellerslierd Posts: 266
    FJS wrote:
    sawd4i.jpg

Cauberg?
  • FJS
    That's it
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Got it, darn you SGS. I like this game, though

Walked all the way down after that stage 2012 - that was that weird time when a rider out of Vaconsoleil after the stag finish said to a helper 'I can't see at all' and she said 'oh OK I'll see if I can get some sugar from the cafe or somewhere' as if it was a common occurrence ?? :shock:

saw De Gendt at the check in queue at Bergamo on the Monday - don't think I could have stood up - you could almost see through him

Diabetic?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • ellerslierd
    Not the best image, but try this.

• bompington
    Cheesy, but gorgeous
  • ellerslierd
    very much so
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Red Leicester Valley?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • redbicycle
    redbicycle Posts: 271
    mauna-kea1.jpg
  • FJS
    redbicycle wrote:
    mauna-kea1.jpg
    Hmm, it's not Etna or Vesuvius, not Teide or Las Palmas... That massive volcano on Hawaii has a road on it doesn't it? Not sure what it's called
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Mauna Kea?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • bompington
    The clue's in the filename, a bit like the one I posted because I couldn't be bothered spending any time at all hiding it.

Seriously though, I am the very antithesis of a climbing snake, but there is a strange attraction in the idea of really, really big climbs: and Mauna Kea is, by any reasonable standards, the biggest. One day maybe...
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    once you're north of 3000m the altitude and attendant lower O2 would make it somewhat challenging I'd guess? And that's only 3/4 of the way up!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    A few of my friends have done the Haleakala climb on Maui which isn't quite as extreme but still tops out over 3000m and they've suffered badly. Never stops them doing it again when they go back.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris