High roller 2, problem?

petriodet
petriodet Posts: 44
edited March 2015 in MTB general
The tread on my highholler2 seems to be tearing pretty much all the off centre knobs are torn and about 30% of the side knobs are, anybody else experienced this?
Only 3 months old probably had about 600 miles put on it and it's the 3c maxterra version.
DSC_0082.jpg

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    it's a soft compound tyre so if you are running it over hard rock, stones or hardpack it won't last too long.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Too many skids on the tarmac - my HR2 Maxterra's lasted a summer for the rear, the front is now on the back and might last until May/June. Wearing down not ripping off my knobs though (ooh err)
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • petriodet
    petriodet Posts: 44
    Too many skids on the tarmac - my HR2 Maxterra's lasted a summer for the rear, the front is now on the back and might last until May/June. Wearing down not ripping off my knobs though (ooh err)
    This is on the front so i'm disappointed that it's doing this i've got an ardent on the back and it doesn't seem to have the same issue, i'll keep using it and if the knobs tear off i might put in a warranty claim.
  • Goggs-san
    Goggs-san Posts: 36
    I would say for 600 miles it looks in good nick. I've got about 200 miles on a trail star magic mary and the side nobs are toast.