The League Cup (entirely Boro) thread

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
edited October 2015 in The bottom bracket
We've got a thread for every other major football competition, so it's only fair that we get a bit of debate going on the most under-rated one of them all.

:wink:
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    A cup's a cup!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    BtJshodIAAAhLRm.jpg

brace-yourselves-mourinhos-excuses-are-coming.jpg

bc7deaf1e68fdb404efd2554874bb341aa71a0cafa4d34f67b1be5660c5bcf67.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    BtJshodIAAAhLRm.jpg
    After Russian money :)

john-terry-diego-costa-chelsea.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    BtJshodIAAAhLRm.jpg
    After Russian money :)

john-terry-diego-costa-chelsea.jpg

Is Terry wearing his own shirt?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Veni Vidi Vinci.

Thanks for coming Tottingham.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Quick, grab a bargain:

11016733_803863719650525_4365489207053417385_n.jpg?oh=6978cef52afdaded08e781d94ead60cb&oe=558B5B4A&__gda__=1434018499_d9e385bf45e4fe34efc0ad87d185397d
  • Stevo_666
    I nearly forgot there's a thread for this.

UTFB :)
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    We've got a thread for every other major football competition, so it's only fair that we get a bit of debate going on the most under-rated one of them all.

:lol:
    Under rated cups surely don't involve competitions which teams play weakened starting 11's??

The league cup = the worthless cup and all that... :roll:

Fair does to Boro last night, UTD were complete and utter **** but come to expect that now - LVG has to realise his tactics of trying to bore the opposition to sleep/death and then nick a goal just don't work!

Anyway, at least we still have more league titles than LFC & the Arse, afterall, league titles is all that matters. :D
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Well I wasted nigh on 2 hours of my life watching Liverpool v Cherries. Should have gone for nice long walk, what a boring match, neither side really pressing forward and pushing the opposition and the pace of the game was the slowest I've seen in an age. Highlight of the game for me was to see Jurgen Klopp running onto the pitch at the final whistle, celebrating like he'd actually won the cup. Probably just relief at putting a very poor Cherries side to bed.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666

Under rated cups surely don't involve competitions which teams play weakened starting 11's??

Fair does to Boro last night, UTD were complete and utter **** but come to expect that now - LVG has to realise his tactics of trying to bore the opposition to sleep/death and then nick a goal just don't work!

Anyway, at least we still have more league titles than LFC & the ars*, afterall, league titles is all that matters. :D
    It's only under-rated if you get knocked out :wink:

Anyway here's some news from Old Trafford :)

12187708_923379064365656_145148417690918655_n.jpg?oh=a1282c3cd5ebacdc54486c4e04a7ccc3&oe=56B67296
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

Anyway, at least we still have more league titles than LFC & the ars*, afterall, league titles is all that matters. :D

12187708_923379064365656_145148417690918655_n.jpg?oh=a1282c3cd5ebacdc54486c4e04a7ccc3&oe=56B67296

Bit of a result for you isn't it, to have your second team still in. Or is it your first team? :wink: Good to see Saints players through in two different ties last night.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • redvision

Bit of a result for you isn't it, to have your second team still in. Or is it your first team? :wink: Good to see Saints players through in two different ties last night.

You see, Saints fans, Liverpool scum fans, City fans, should all be grateful to LVG. By putting out a ressie team and being knocked out we have given you a chance of glory :D
  • redvision
    Incidentally, not that there is any excuse for Carricks penalty (he has obviously been watching too much of the rugby) but it does pain me to see him being almost phased out by LVG. He should be playing each week, not on the bench!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Im still suprised that we had 10,000 travelling fans but we still get only about double that at home in the league.

I wonder if its because most of them don't have to worry about getting up for work in the morning anymore :oops:
  • Stevo_666

51FEH%2Byi-QL._SY300_.jpg

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Glory days
    0,,1~10546218,00.gif
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Stevo_666
    Glory days
    0,,1~10546218,00.gif
    Those were the days.

Don't rub it in any more for the Southampton fans though :wink: