Rose bikes delivery times

AllanES
AllanES Posts: 151
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi

I'm seriously considering taking a chance on a Rose Xeon CGF3000. Taking a chance as in....I select the right size!

But I'm just wondering about delivery times.
At the checkout it says 6 weeks delivery. But I'm concerned by some of the Canyon stories (I know,, different company!) about deliveries being pushed back weeks and weeks. I can't seem to find any comments regarding Rose delivery dates.
Maybe that's a good sign and they deliver with the suggested time?
Anyone got any experience? Good or bad.
Thanks.
Red Triban 3
Giant Defy 1

Comments

• plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    My cgf 3100 was delivered on time. Unfortunately I sent it back because I didn't like the finish on the frame. My fault for not checking out properly what a matte UD carbon finish was.
  • AllanES
    I was going to order the shiny-UD-carbon/red option.
    Did you order another Rose? Or get your money back?

But I'm glad to hear the delivery time was as suggested. Thanks
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • djp66
    djp66 Posts: 115
    My delivery was quoted as 8 weeks and it was spot on - although I must admit that 8 weeks felt a lot longer :-)

Why not tell us where you are and what size you're thinking of, maybe someone close by may have one you could have a look at.
  • plodder73
    I ended up getting a refund, I only didn't order another because the only one not in UD carbon was white and green and I didn't want another white bike. I don't think the shiny UD will look as bad as my matte UD though. Incidentally they have come down £100 from when I ordered in December. They are cracking value.

Nothing bad to say about Rose, I bought a Scott instead but part of me regrets not hanging onto the Rose. In fact I am now looking at the Pro SL 2000/3000 as another bike for the stable, they are also amazing value although nit carbon or as sportive oriented as the CGF.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,530
    Their delivery will be, unless there are exceptional circumstances, spot on or early.
    This is based on comments in other threads here.
    I test rode the CGF last year, it is a truly epic bicycle with great looks and good level of comfort.
  • AllanES
    djp66 wrote:
    My delivery was quoted as 8 weeks and it was spot on - although I must admit that 8 weeks felt a lot longer :-)

Why not tell us where you are and what size you're thinking of, maybe someone close by may have one you could have a look at.

I'm in Hertfordshire.
    I'd thought 59 frame based on geometry and comparison to my Giant Defy.
    And also the size calculator (in-seam measurement) on the website suggested 59. Although I did notice if I added 1cm to my inseam measurement I jumped to the 62 frame! Hence my feeling it might be a bit of a gamble.
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • plodder73
    I ordered the 59 and coincidentally my winter bike is a Defy, size large. I am 6'3 with 89 inseam. Happy that the 59 was the right size.
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    They are spot on or early with the delivery times Based on my 2. Apart from a planet x, I wouldn't buy another brand.
  • AllanES
    edited March 2015
    Plodder73 wrote:
    I ordered the 59 and coincidentally my winter bike is a Defy, size large. I am 6'3 with 89 inseam. Happy that the 59 was the right size.

That's great to know.
    My Defy is Large and I'm happy with the sizing on that.
    And yeah, inseam seems to be the same so thanks...I'm more confident the 59 would be the right one.
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • AllanES
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Their delivery will be, unless there are exceptional circumstances, spot on or early.
    This is based on comments in other threads here.
    I test rode the CGF last year, it is a truly epic bicycle with great looks and good level of comfort.

I thought that!
    I'm looking for comfort and a really good spec. And Yep, something a little different so I reckon the Rose CGF should cover that. Not too many Rose bikes around here.
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Mine was quoted 4 - 6 weeks when I ordered and it was 4 weeks when I got the dispatch email, so spot on!!
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Mine was quoted at 6 weeks, it teased me and the date jumped about a bit but ultimately it took 6 weeks. I'm really happy with my bike too, would definitely order again.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,530
    AllanES wrote:
    Not too many Rose bikes around here.

It's difficult to find a negative comment about them, I wonder why they are still such a rarity.
  • Have to say wasn't that taken with them on their website , but went down to the London bike show and was pleasantly surprised how nice they looked.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Quick word of advice if you are ordering from them. Sign up to their VIP service and you'll earn points depending on how much you spend, my bike was £1500 and I ended up with about £35 to spend once my bike had shipped. http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/content/services/rose-card
  • roubaixtom
    roubaixtom Posts: 316
    My CGF 3000 arrived on Friday. Awesome bike, looks much better in the flesh. Delivered 2 weeks early. i ordered size 55cm and I'm 174cm and my inseam is 31inch .. it

Cheers
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    I ordered a CX Pro 3000 on 04/02 and got an email stating delivery date was... 15/04!! Phoned them and mentioned I needed this asap and they then resent me another email with the invoice stating 12/03 which was better but its 4 weeks now and it still saying 2 weeks to wait.

A guy at my club waited 8 weeks for his cx pro
  • AllanES
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    My CGF 3000 arrived on Friday. Awesome bike, looks much better in the flesh. Delivered 2 weeks early. i ordered size 55cm and I'm 174cm and my inseam is 31inch .. it

Cheers

Thanks! I'm just about ready to hit the buy button!
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • AllanES
    Prhymeate wrote:
    Quick word of advice if you are ordering from them. Sign up to their VIP service and you'll earn points depending on how much you spend, my bike was £1500 and I ended up with about £35 to spend once my bike had shipped. http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/content/services/rose-card

Thanks. That's useful to know
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    ordered my CDX-3000 this week and just got an assembly date of 2nd June; not very happy with three months but they do say that deviations may occur in exceptional cases; let's hope not for the worse....... :cry:
    In an email 3 minutes earlier they had given 23rd April, 7 weeks so not too bad.
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Bikeradar review of the XLITE CRS is live, seems to be a stonking bike
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Damn! I was all set on the Canyon CF SLX with Di2 for £3199. The Rose is a steal!
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Damn! I was all set on the Canyon CF SLX with Di2 for £3199. The Rose is a steal!

Even the higher up team frame, is £2400 so 800 less than Canyon... with DI2
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • meast
    meast Posts: 19
    I was quoted 6 weeks which was bang on.

Great service and bike, 8 months in and no problems so far.
  • snappygear
    snappygear Posts: 212
    Just ordered a lovely matt black X- Lite CRS. Build date currently 04/05...

I was also looking at the Canyon, but £1k in the back pocket is a bonus...