Skins Long Bibs

flowrate
flowrate Posts: 15
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi All

Has anyone had any experience of the Skins long cycle bib. Or any Skins cycle clothing
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/skin ... rod133899#

Looking at these for the UV protection. see link below to previous post for reasons.

Looking to find out if you could wear these in the summer, or would you just boil. Also would like to get an idea of sizing as I seem to be on the cusp of small and medium. I am 5' 9'' and have a 31'' inseam.

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12976305&p=18968772#p18968772

Many thanks

Flowrate

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If you want UV protection, get some light coloured-shorts and lightweight leg warmers.

I have no experience of Skins clothing - always looks a touch over-priced
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    I have had two pairs of skins tights for running which have been superb, however, the chain reaction price for those bibs is over priced - Skins cycling clothes from experience generally tend to be heavily discounted at the end of the season.
  • flowrate
    flowrate Posts: 15
    Hi Monty and Letap

Thanks for info
  • small_bloke
    small_bloke Posts: 222
    I have Skins 3/4 bib tights which I bought for £60 - reasonable for the price.
    At £130 they are very over-priced because the padding isn't that brilliant. Doesn't have enough density compared to say Castelli shorts.

I use them in summer to reduce the pollen allergies to my skin and they breath reasonably well.
  • milleman
    milleman Posts: 181
    I have had a pair of these for a couple of years, feel great in coolish conditions but for me the issue is the chamois, just not comfortable at all on anything over 50miles.
    Anything over that and I would much rather wear my Assos 3/4 bibs, MUCH better pad.