Bike Locks

woodyonthebeach
woodyonthebeach Posts: 583
edited March 2015 in Commuting general
Need some help,

I have three bike locks and I am now down to my last key for each lock. Is there anywhere in London where I can get keys cut for bike locks.

I tried a while ago without much success, being that standard keys are a little to thick for the standard lock barrel on a bike lock.
The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now

Comments

• tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Contact lock manufacturers they'll have a key replacement service. You can register your locks with them. BTW I got told you can get one free replacement set from certain brands. That was from a bike shop so not sure it's right.

PPlaces like timpsons don't do them or didn't do mine. I'm on 1 key on an abusive d lock I'm hoping to start using. Also need a bracket for it.
  • Cheers for that. I will start some investigation.

They are pretty old so I may have to bite the bullet and get something new. They have all served me for at 6 years. They will probably do for the garage duties now.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Did you get any extra keys? I'm thinking of trying to get some for an old D lock I have and wondered if you had got any from the manufacturer.
  • I havent got round to it yet. But I am just thinking of getting a new lock because I have some crappy cable locks that wouldnt be really up to much in London.