Car Leasing vs Buying - Small Business

4kicks
4kicks Posts: 549
edited February 2015 in The cake stop
So I own a small business and Ive got to get a new car, probably a "not really 4x4" like a Ford Kuga, Nissan Qashqai or possibly a Mercedes-Benz GLA...
We do about 50,000kms a year, predominantly 3 hours a day to do the school runs (!)

I'm thinking with such high mileages, it may be advantageous to lease as opposed to buy the next car, due to lack of servicing charges, less for tyres, petrol discounts etc. Leaving aside the simple maths of discounting cashflow outgoings of a, say 500€ lease as opposed to a 25,0000€ purchase, is there a perceived wisdom as to when it makes sense to lease, and not buy, the car?
Im live & work in Mallorca but Im sure the principals don't change.
Moltes Gracis
Fitter....healthier....more productive.....

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Your only problem will be mileage on the lease, the extra charges of the mileage will more than likely outweigh the benefits of the lease.
    Living MY dream.
  • 4kicks
    Thanks, thats helpful.
  • Yup that's the major issue with leasing. The best way for you is just to buy second hand and run it until the warranty expires then get another.

I don't know the situation but I would expect the island to be flooded with ex hire cars unless they get shipped back to the mainland?
  • 4kicks
    Im afraid they all do get shipped back, cars are about 10% more expensive than the mainland, but I think Illl just buy a KM0 second hand one, then
    James
  • I was looking at this last week, but for the UK. It's all about balancing.

I put just over £6k into my car as a deposit. Then paid £280 a month for 3 years at 0%. I do small mileages.

That car is now worth about £7.5k. So, essentially, I've saved some money at 0% and added a bit to it.

Given that I could hire a VW Up for about £120 a month I'd say that, if I had to do it again, I'd keep my deposit and do that.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.