Focus Cayo 1.0 2015

kimera22
kimera22 Posts: 7
edited July 2015 in Your road bikes
So finally I picked up my brand new Cayo 1.0 frame this week.
The frame is a replacement for my 2011 Izalco Katusha which I sent to the bike dealer a few months ago for investigation of a small (paint)crack just above the bottom bracket (full story: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13013068&p=19404218&hilit=focus+cayo#p19404218)

2ypmc7b.jpg

Frame: Cayo P2T Carbon
Fork: Cayo P2T Carbon T4
Wheels: Fulcrum R7 / Vision Team 30
Brakes: SRAM Apex
Crank: SRAM Red
Shifters: SRAM Force
Rear derailleur: SRAM Force
Front derailleur: SRAM Rival
Saddle: Pro Falcon
Seatpost: CPX Carbon

Focus hasn't been able to judge whether the crack was a carbon damage or just a paintcrack, which is why they offered me a brand new frame. For that reason I realize that I'm a very lucky guy :D

I like my new Cayo, though it was hard to say goodbye to my more racy looking Izalco (I still like that frame more than this one :| ). Yet I realize that this new set-up will give me more comfort and safety and maybe it is just a matter of time before I will be comfortable with it.

The picture shows the Cayo how it was built op by my bike dealer, assembled with the parts on my Izalco. The Fulcrum's are my winter wheels. In good weather I ride the Vision Team30's, which I like more because of the higher rims. I think grey or black handlebar tape will match better with the bike than the current white one. Further I like the way how the SRAM crank matches with the color of the frame.

What do you think?

Comments

• DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Looks good. The diameter of the tubes on the new 2015 Cayo are pretty massive. I'd be interested to here how it copares to your old Izalco.
  • Looks great, but not sure about the white cable for the rear mech...
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • DKay wrote:
    Looks good. The diameter of the tubes on the new 2015 Cayo are pretty massive. I'd be interested to here how it copares to your old Izalco.

I think the diagonal tube is as wide as that of the Izalco. The head tube though was much thinner on my Izalco than on this new Cayo.
  • kimera22
    kimera22 Posts: 7
    Hi guys,

First I want to say that my new Cayo is an incredibly comfortable bike to ride. I love it and I think I will be riding it for a very long time. But..

I was thinking about doing some outward changes to my Cayo. I don't like the white cables and handlebar tape and was thinking about adding some pink elements to it. I think it will be a great match with the black/grey carbon frame! Though I'm not sure about the combination with the red tints in the frame. What do you think? I was thinking about changing the handlebar tape and cables to pink and maybe adding a black/grey/pink saddle later. Or should I go for a more 'safe' color like grey or red?

j5h7a1.jpg
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    edited June 2015
    I've pretty much blacked-out all of my black/grey Cayo Evo instead. Bar tape, saddle, cables,, seatpost, bars pedals - all black.
  • sanspoof
    sanspoof Posts: 111
    Hi guys,

First I want to say that my new Cayo is an incredibly comfortable bike to ride. I love it and I think I will be riding it for a very long time. But..

I was thinking about doing some outward changes to my Cayo. I don't like the white cables and handlebar tape and was thinking about adding some pink elements to it. I think it will be a great match with the black/grey carbon frame! Though I'm not sure about the combination with the red tints in the frame. What do you think? I was thinking about changing the handlebar tape and cables to pink and maybe adding a black/grey/pink saddle later. Or should I go for a more 'safe' color like grey or red?

j5h7a1.jpg

DONT go pink....!!!! I would always keep the handlebar tape and cables more neutral, allowing for the frame itself to stand out....obviously it is quite stealth so I would personally go down that route...

No pink...
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Dont ruin the bike with pink, it'lllook daft and clash with the red highlights. Black cables, tape and saddle is the only way to go, easier to keep clean and looks better!