The City Boy Thursday thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,341
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
[I have named this as such because CB should have started the daily thread as he was on-line before me and must be credited with being the new champion shirker]

Bloody post. In days of old when men were bold, the post used to come before 9.30am. What I am receiving is coming by Parcel Farce so that means I might get it by the end of March. I have even answered all my e-mails and washed up! The only upside - time for another coffee.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Fairly average day here trying to make an AutoCAD drawing work, they really need a "bodge" tool adding to the program.

Other than that I've got a fruit smoothi to look forward to for lunch and later on an hour being shouted at by a boxing coach.

Onwards to a low calorie fish based evening meal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Fairly average...by a boxing coach.

Onwards to a low calorie fish based evening meal.

Hope she enjoys it too.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Timed my post a few minutes late and therefore badly. yes that hs been said to me before.

London tomorrow.

Ankle still well and truly buggered.

Annoying colleague is playing les mis sound track in the office (think it is anyway) want to push her and the pc out the window, especially as she has just got an "injury" on her wrist which means I am now doing a shoot load of her work, yet she can still use a mouse and keyboard actively. Interesting how that happened isn't it or maybe I am just too cynical.

Anyway beef carpaccio for lunch. May also find somewhere for dinner in London tomorrow just to have something to look forward to after what is likely to be a hell day.

I'll come back with something chirpier later, failing that the weekend when Matthew is being touched by a priest and I am in Florence should provide a better post
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    User testing a big dataset today (envious?) so lots of siting around waiting for things to run, look at some numbers, decide if there are enough 'weird' things to represent a problem, decide there aren't (or more accurately, decide if the hassle of mentioning it isn't worth it) and repeat.

As a young Chris Bass full of hope this isn't exactly how I imagined spending my days!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I'll come back with something chirpier later, failing that the weekend when Matthew is being touched by a priest and I am in Florence should provide a better post
    Says it all really - Stevo and Matt h in Merthyr Tydfil: Sa0u in Florence. Do you know Florence BTW? :)

Will post from Welshland later...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Merthyr isn't too far from where I grew up and my parents still live in Llangynidr
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    Do I need to know Florence? Is this something that can get me into trouble?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Do I need to know Florence? Is this something that can get me into trouble?
    Whoops, joke about a bird called Florence didn't work. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Oh it did ;0 I just went to the gutter faster than most
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    I have named this as such because CB should have started the daily thread as he was on-line before me and must be credited with being the new champion shirker

I was too occupied fighting my compulsion to provide a suitably smug and sarcastic response to you "Bye Bye City" jibe :wink:

I think I did rather well!

Oh, and yes, I have done some top quality shirking today 8)
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Made it into work today, it's overrated. But still preferable to turning inside out I suppose. At least it feels like a short week as it's Friday tomorrow.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Today makes day 6 of waiting for a gear cable to arrive from Tredz Cycles. They really are shyyyyt.

Almost make Planet X look efficient. Actually, they do make Planet X look efficient.

How difficult can it be to put a gear cable in the post within 6 days of taking my money for it? It's like a return to the days of catalogue mail order ..............
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.