Cube Mountain Bike Serial Number?

monkeybrain2
monkeybrain2 Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in MTB beginners
Hello,

Just got myself a new Cube mountain bike and trying to register the bike serial number with the Kryptonite lock scheme. Managed to find the number on the underside of the bottom bracket but it's covered by some cables and a clip!

Is the serial number anywhere else on the bike before I unscrew this clip and loosen the cables just to read this flipping' number!?

thanks.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably not
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • my lbs put my serial number on the warranty booklet that came with the bike, possible also on the receipt. also registered it themselves if i remember correctly so that could be a place to start unless you got it on line, anyhoo have a look at the gubbins that came with it.
  • hiya, thanks, i might have a look at the booklet that came with it, I didn't recall seeing a number tho. They could have put the number in a better location on the bike...
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Its the same place on all bikes but most dont have cables running under the bottom bracket.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its under the BB on Merida's, but they put it along one edge so the cables and guide don't impact it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.