wallmountedbolts.jpg

Ideally a good value / reusable anchor.

Thanks.
Rich

Comments

• Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    You do know these are not very secure?

Could get that off the wall with a few blows from a club hammer.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Must say that I do agree - looks a good design but the criminal part of me says just smack it off the wall.

Is it to go inside or outside?

Have a quick look on some motorbike sites for wall/ground anchors - will be overkill but coupled with a decent lock will do the job brilliantly.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    It is for inside a garage.

The issue with many is they require you to smash ball bearings into the bolts and hence can't be moved if I move house.

I am therefore looking at designs where the bolt is protected by the design (e.g. lock blocks access).
    Rich
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Do you move house often?

If not then it doesn't really matter. If so just do it anyway and leave iit in situ when you leave.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    I hope this doesn't appear sarky, but the whole point of a wall/floor anchor is that you can't move it at all once it's installed.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    jswba wrote:
    I hope this doesn't appear sarky, but the whole point of a wall/floor anchor is that you can't move it at all once it's installed.
    Not sarky at all. For me, the main aim of an anchor is to secure something else, the ability to move the anchor (occaisionally, when nothing is secured to it) is a feature. i.e. a plate or the lock can block access to the screw(s) as in the picture above - so when lock is removed anchor can be removed.

(Imagine if a boat couldn't take its anchor!)

Move house every couple of years. So ideally don't want to but a, say, £40 anchor every 2 years.
    Rich
  • Cast a standard wall/floor anchor into a sizable lump of concrete - say a 12-18" cube - then it's large enough that nobody will *want* to move it (or whatever is attached to it) but when it comes time to move you *can*
  • I installed my wall anchor but didn't hammer the ball bearings into it. Not for when I move house specifically but what if I want to reorganise things to put a second bike in for example, and then it's impossible to shift?

It's about creating a deterrent and more issues to overcome rather than making it impossible.