missing x5 front derailleur???

alexkerrblack
alexkerrblack Posts: 34
edited February 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
hi all. i've just got hold of an x5 front derailleur and i think it's missing the bracket to attach on the bike. can i get hold of this from anywhere? are they universal or would i have to go to sram?
cheers
alex

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/alexkerrblack/album/random/

(scuse the crap quality)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That looks like a direct mount so unless you have the right fitting on your frame it's not going to work.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Yeah looks like direct mount to me too. Try this

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/f ... -mount.htm

For a 34.9 seat tube, so depends on your frame but the use of shims should help if it's not the right size.
  • okie doke. got it for nowt so no biggie. thanks for the help. might go for the adapter, or just go for a secong hand x9?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Shimano front mechs are nicer than SRAM in my opinion, I'd stick with Deore.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mush love for all the advice. is there any other option than sram or shimano?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why? Both work and are easily available
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • just curious. is it like windows n mac then?
  • The Rookie
    In MTB world, 99% of the market are those two, there are a few others! but they are all of a lower quality. The only real competitor to those is Campagnoli but they only do drivetrain stuff for road bikes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    Perhaps it's time for suntour to make a return to the drivetrain market ........
  • The Rookie
    For those who remember when Suntour were the premium brand and Shimano the cheap upstart.....of course SRAM drivetrain came from Sachs-Huret...