Legend Fedaia

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Seriously thinking about getting a Legend Fedaia. I have a wheelset that Ugo built for me last year built around DA hubs so will need to use these on the bike. I don't want to mix and match so do you think a Shimano GS on this bike will "look" ok? Also if you were going down the custom route what colour would you go for and why - open to suggestions but don't want black...or do I?

Help please..

Comments

• They are beautiful and the paint scheme looks awesome in the flesh. However, you are paying twice as much as it's needed like for like. I was made aware of a number of Italian artisans that build the same quality and finish for a lot less. IMO the top end of the custom steel market is more fashion than craft.
    Shimano or Campagnolo makes no difference... your 11 speed cassette will be compatible with both, so fit the one you prefer (I'd go for Chorus).
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Ugo what would you say is a reasonable price for a custom steel F&F from Italy bearing in mind the cost includes a fitting and custom paint. I know an off the peg Steel Frame can be had for a few hundred quid I have a Genesis F&F and its great. The point here is I want something special and don't mind paying a bit more for something that's built for me.
  • solboy10 wrote:
    Ugo what would you say is a reasonable price for a custom steel F&F from Italy bearing in mind the cost includes a fitting and custom paint. I know an off the peg Steel Frame can be had for a few hundred quid I have a Genesis F&F and its great. The point here is I want something special and don't mind paying a bit more for something that's built for me.

I was told you can have one with top end Columbus steel (non stainless) for less that 1000 Euro. Problem is you have to dig a bit, as these artisans often don't have flashy websites... the other problem with big names is also the waiting list.... it borders ridiculous if you think that in the end it's about measuring some length of pipe, a bit of filing, mounting it on a jig and brazing it together... in the past frame builders used to do more than one per day
    left the forum March 2023