Hair Sticking through Shorts!

Biomech
Biomech Posts: 158
edited February 2015 in Road general
Weird one - does this happen to anyone else?
I noticed it yesterday, my .. hair.. pokes through the fabric of my shorts.

It happens with my Specialized shorts. Fortunately, they have thinner padding, so I wear them under leggings.
I don't recall it happening with my Endura shorts (which, admittedly, are a bit thicker). But Specialized aren't a "cheap" make right? They are pretty decent. I'd almost expect it from something like Primark shorts :P

Comments

• sdalby
    sdalby Posts: 139
    Shorts not so much, my thighs aren't very hairy. Biblongs however are an absolute nuisance, I have very hairy shins!
    Never put off until tomorrow something that you can do today. 'Cause if you do it today, and like it, the you can do it again tomorrow!!
  • Geo555
    Geo555 Posts: 96
    Same thing happens on some of my shorts too. It only becomes a problem if you get a big bunch of pubes sticking through.
  • Biomech
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to :P
    I have pretty hairy legs but they never come through - I also have red hair and black shorts... :/
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Razor every few days saves that from happening :lol:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • No need to use a razor just give the old boy a short back and sides with a set of clippers every few weeks and problem solved
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • Or buy an IPL device - 3 or 4 treatments then you can pretty much forget it for up to a year. Only works on darker hair and not-too-dark skin though.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Biomech
    dnwhite88 wrote:
    No need to use a razor just give the old boy a short back and sides with a set of clippers every few weeks and problem solved

Using clippers on my ballsack is the biggest mistake I've made of my life :P Its like throwing an old balloon into a meat grinder

I don't ride frequently or far enough to warrant going bald.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Not only will it stop hairs poking through but it makes the chap look bigger as well!! Win win imo
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Biomech wrote:
    dnwhite88 wrote:
    No need to use a razor just give the old boy a short back and sides with a set of clippers every few weeks and problem solved

Using clippers on my ballsack is the biggest mistake I've made of my life :P Its like throwing an old balloon into a meat grinder

I don't ride frequently or far enough to warrant going bald.
    h

Just grade 1 it - don't take the guard off the clippers. That's freakin' stupid. Like putting it in a lawnmower.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • WTF !
  • Immac then aftershave.
  • 13233593610.jpg

I dare you.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    I keep the old boy trimmed with scissors. It's not the 80's no one likes a giant bush.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    You needn't go near the balls if you don't want to. They will be concealed by the chamois anyway, it's mainly just the man-muff up top that needs the topiary treatment once in a while.

I have perfected the 9mm stand-off technique with the beard trimmer now. There were a few minor injures in the early days, but you learn via errors.

NB: Meat & 2 Veg all healed and in fine working order, if you wondered.
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nads-For-Hair-R ... et+for+men

Does exactly what it says on the tin (or tube), apparently. Although if you'd please refrain from posting a Customer Image like the first one displayed everyone would be grateful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-R ... et+for+men

And this gives an ample opportunity for us all to revist one of the most eye-wateringly hilarious reviews I've ever seen on Amazon (second one down).
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Fantastic review!
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Amazing review, I laughed till I cried.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    :D:D That review is outstanding. I've had a sh1t week at work but that's all forgotten now.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    DavidJB wrote:
    I keep the old boy trimmed with scissors. It's not the 80's no one likes a giant bush.

+1, particularly a ginger one. :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem