Saturday at last

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning Lycra devotees,

I must have been knackered last night as we slept in till gone 10am. Day half gone and I've only had one coffee. Jobs beckon as SWMBO is on a mission, but at least there's some footy to keep me amused and later will involve fettling The Panzer for an uplift day next Friday with a certain other Bracketeer who is going to pop his downhill cherry :D

Then off round a mates house tonight to drink beer and talk bikes 'n' bollox.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Nothing done today with the exception of, return my turbo from the pain cave to the house.

Weather forecast doesn't make me want to be outside, even though my cave is lit/heated and a nice enough place to be(relatively)
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Great family day doing all of the Roman stuff in chester, we still obviously managed to visit a pub

Now back at the holiday home as the kids rest ready for going out later

So all in all a great day, the problem is I should have got out on my mountain bike, as I haven't used it in ages and it's going to get a battering next Friday!
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    I'm also awaiting the "nod" to go and collect a new bike :(
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    matthew h wrote:
    Great family day doing all of the Roman stuff in chester, we still obviously managed to visit a pub

So all in all a great day, the problem is I should have got out on my mountain bike, as I haven't used it in ages and it's going to get a battering next Friday!

Stevo say's you are going to pop your downhill cherry next weekend. Are you going to do the double and pop your uphill cherry whilst you're at it?

Rollers for an hour. It's rain/hail/sun/snow/rain/hail/snow in no particular order and it's probably coming your way.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:

Stevo say's you are going to pop your downhill cherry next weekend. Are you going to do the double and pop your uphill cherry whilst you're at it?

No need, the van gets us to the top
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Maybe Stevo's idea of popping your cherry is a tad different to your expectations :shock:

And wots this thing about "taking you to the top" Is that a euphemism?

As long as your happy and not hurting anyone. :D
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Slow start to the day, as is traditional for me. Pottering in the garage and put a big mirror into a frame and hung it, thankfully still in one piece. Out tonight to a colleagues 50th birthday. Might have a beer or several.
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    May be worth giving your bike a quick check over :) And bring a few spare inner tubes etc as those rock gardens and drop offs can be tough on the bike :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    May be worth giving your bike a quick check over :) And bring a few spare inner tubes etc as those rock gardens and drop offs can be tough on the bike :wink:

Don't know if I have told you, but I'm a mechanical numbty!

Spare inner tubes, etc, do you put them in your cycling top pockets? :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Oh dear :D

You might want to buy one of those Camelbak/back pack thingies that roadies don't seem to like. Do you know what tyre levers are?
  • pinno
    numpty
    ˈnʌmpti/
    nounSCOTTISHinformal
    noun: numpty; plural noun: numpties
    a stupid or ineffectual person.
    Origin

1980s: from obsolete numps ‘a stupid person’, of unknown origin.
  • Stevo_666
    numpty
    ˈnʌmpti/
    nounSCOTTISHinformal
    Origin

We may find it has Welsh connections after this coming Friday :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    numpty
    ˈnʌmpti/
    nounSCOTTISHinformal
    Origin

We may find it has Welsh connections after this coming Friday :)

Never mind that, seems like you are going to have to bring some bike tools and a packet of baby wipes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not sure I can do this no riding for 6 weeks business, may last 10 days.
    Eaten shit drank a lot of scotch and hendricks
    considered quitting my job and moving to Aus via Bali (i'd take the S works)
    Viewed a house

Ps when you have realized that downhill is a dumb idea, a spin to walk mill (when sunny)? others are welcome but I appreciate that it may require a road bike
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Oh dear :D

You might want to buy one of those Camelbak/back pack thingies that roadies don't seem to like. Do you know what tyre levers are?

Choice of two camelbak's :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Looks like you're all set then :)

Will drop you a line later in the week about pub & food venue/timing etc. Weather for Friday doesn't look too bad for Wales...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looks like you're all set then :)

Will drop you a line later in the week about pub & food venue/timing etc. Weather for Friday doesn't look too bad for Wales...

:)

Will probably work down that way on Thursday to ensure minimum work to pub time
  • tlw1
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Not sure I can do this no riding for 6 weeks business, may last 10 days.
    Eaten shoot drank a lot of scotch and hendricks
    considered quitting my job and moving to Aus via Bali (i'd take the S works)
    Viewed a house

Ps when you have realized that downhill is a dumb idea, a spin to walk mill (when sunny)? others are welcome but I appreciate that it may require a road bike

Always up for a meet
  • pinno
    It's been nice knowing you matt.
  • tlw1
    Lier
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Lier
    Don't listen to Pinno, you'll be fine. Just remember to leave your credit cards and contact numbers for next of kin with me before the first van up :P
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Lier
    Don't listen to Pinno, you'll be fine. Just remember to leave your credit cards and contact numbers for next of kin with me before the first van up :P

Is it true that Pina is planning a bid for the masters?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Lier

I don't know what you're talking about.
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Lier

I presume your OH will be having a garage sale once it is all over.
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Lier

I presume your OH will be having a garage sale once it is all over.

She will be creating the poster whilst taking the initial call
  • Flâneur
    Poster is already made, why do you think Stevo is ensuring this happens, he got an incentive
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Here's one she prepared earlier:

free-beer.jpg
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Poster is already made, why do you think Stevo is ensuring this happens, he got an incentive

I detect a conundrum...and it's triangular.
  • pinno
    ...however, it may be Matth's wife that is the problem, if you see what I mean.
  • Flâneur
    Pina, are you suggesting that Stevo likes a pair of waxed lycra clad legs?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy