11 spd cassette will it fit?

jewbs
jewbs Posts: 139
edited February 2015 in Workshop
Hi,
I have a set of enve 45's built with dt 240 hubs, shimano free hub. The wheels are 3 years old and i'm wondering if i can fit an 11 speed cassette on to them. from memory there is a spacer/ shim fitted with my 10 speed cassette.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    jewbs wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a set of enve 45's built with dt 240 hubs, shimano free hub. The wheels are 3 years old and i'm wondering if i can fit an 11 speed cassette on to them. from memory there is a spacer/ shim fitted with my 10 speed cassette.
    No, but you should be able to change the freehub for an 11-speed version for about £50.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Or take out one of the cogs of your 11 sp cassette. I have a 12-25 and I am running without the 18T, using the Shimano ST-RS685 levers and the rear deraileur set screws adjusted accordingly. Shifting is fine.
  • Or take out one of the cogs of your 11 sp cassette. I have a 12-25 and I am running without the 18T, using the Shimano ST-RS685 levers and the rear deraileur set screws adjusted accordingly. Shifting is fine.

Or buy a 10sp cassette?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Or take out one of the cogs of your 11 sp cassette. I have a 12-25 and I am running without the 18T, using the Shimano ST-RS685 levers and the rear deraileur set screws adjusted accordingly. Shifting is fine.

Or buy a 10sp cassette?
    I assume that, if the question is about an 11sp cassette, there might be an 11sp groupset involved somewhere along the line as well, in which case a 10sp cassette isn't going to help.