Thank god this week is over

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
Friday,

I'm off sport for at least 6 weeks according to the doctors, we'll call it 3 as cycling is a non impact sport shall we.

Anyway shit week is just about over, not sure what the weekend will bring!
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Doesn't sound like mine's been as bad as yours but had a big project on at work, been leaving before 7 in the morning and not getting back till nearly 9 at night!

normality shall be resumed next week!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Mine has been a breeze compared to yours, as it's half term I've been rocking an 8am lie-in on most days and had a few vodka's of an evening.

Back to normal next week though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Friday,

I'm off sport for at least 6 weeks according to the doctors, we'll call it 3 as cycling is a non impact sport shall we.

Anyway shoot week is just about over, not sure what the weekend will bring!
    Does that mean no horizontal jogging for 6 weeks as well?

Ditto on the crap week, been overrun with work and I am so knackered that sleep is top of my to do list when I get home tonight. That's if I can pedal home without falling asleep on the way and ending up squished under a artic. At least the Premier League is back tomorrow :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Shot week nearly over as away for the w.end miles away from work..... When I say miles just over a mile away!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    No real need to thank a non specific deity here, my week was fine.

Went to a new art gallery today, really interesting, Mrs T delivered 6 paintings for exhibition, so we now have space in the house, about the size of a bike, mmmm :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    It is untill you come off...

EDIT: Somehow thought this was in the MTB section. Ignore me
  • Flâneur
    We ignore crudders, however it is an easy mistake to think this is the crudder section given the amount of them that populate these threads

I'll admit Chris Bass that my working hours have been easier but that could be just because I decided to walk out rather than keep going due to everything else going wrong.

Stevo, god knows, probably none of that either given the way this week has gone.

T47b, so new bike or probably just more artwork

We all have those weeks eh, except Arran

To the Hendricks, in a few hours
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Yup, as I posted in Commuting Chat, I arrived at Schiphol on Monday to a message from my wife to say that the hospital had found something they didn't like the look of on my son's chest x-ray (Cancer follow up) and that he was booked in for an emergency CT scan on Wednesday. Plane back to Scotland on Tuesday. Scan Wednesday afternoon. All clear, TF. Drained now. Looking forward to a normal week being insanely busy at work but without scares.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    ^ Not funny, but much exhaling I presume.

Artwork or bike? It's a no brainer - get a bike that looks like artwork I suggest a Colnago Master Piu/Olympic/Dream with lovely shiny Campag bits including Delta's.

Next week will be a doddle. Only work on Monday and Tuesday and a couple of hours on Thursday. The following week will be hell sorting out the back log and there's a back log to end all back logs.
    Volunteers still wanted - but not if you're soft.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Artwork or bike? It's a no brainer - get a bike that looks like artwork I suggest a Colnago Master with lovely shiny carbon bits.
    FTFY :mrgreen:
    Working week finished yesterday for me. Spent most of the day wandering around London with the wife and kids, not at all unpleasant. I even managed to have a little nap in an armchair in Liberty's whilst the wife was shopping, seemed like the best way to pass the time to me. Sopped for some scoff on the way back.
    Got to put a large mirror into an old Victorian frame tomorrow. What could possibly go wrong?
  • ^ Not funny, but much exhaling I presume.

Just breathing in general - it's been an up and down year with him. He got an offer of a place at Cambridge University in January, then, a few days later, found a lump in his pelvis (where he'd had the tumour). Turned out it was a Ti screw coming loose. Then he had a persistent cough. They did the x-ray as a precaution - and declared him clear. Then, a few days later, called to say the radiographer wasn't happy with it. So back for the CT scan (getting an unconditional offer for MSc course at St Andrew's that morning) and, finally, the clear result.

If I could have a month or two with no news, that would be nice....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Long week following 14 day week, day off so why is work giving out my personal mobile number to potential recruits who haven't been vetted when the security risk ratings are off the scale?

MRS: brilliant news re the all clears and the offers. What's he decided?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    All clears and some good offers! better to have highs even with the lows! But I agree sometimes a quiet news front is the best.

Got some clever people in the officer there Matthew, this the private contract bunch or your own?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Potentially my own if they good enough, but we've got some, errrr, random people floating round at the moment so things are running tighter than normal.

Unless you randomly 'phone the office and ask for my number of course.........

At least it gave me a chance to frown a lot a say "no, really, that's great, no dramas at all" to the office bods in a really sarcastic way........ Might make them buy me chocolates as an apology when I see them next.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

• MRS: brilliant news re the all clears and the offers. What's he decided?

Thanks! He wants to go to Cambridge - that offer is conditional but at grades he's well-capable of getting (and lower than he's predicted to get) - but he still needs to get them. He wouldn't be too disappointed at St Andrew's either. Frankly, his dad is counting much simpler blessings....! :wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    Which College? I must admit that Cambridge would win it for me both on standards and all important Old School Tie..... Then again, St A isn't exactly Peckham Comp.......

Many congrats to him on both.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

MRS: brilliant news re the all clears and the offers. What's he decided?

Thanks! He wants to go to Cambridge - that offer is conditional but at grades he's well-capable of getting (and lower than he's predicted to get) - but he still needs to get them. He wouldn't be too disappointed at St Andrew's either. Frankly, his dad is counting much simpler blessings....! :wink:

That's very very odd. My niece might be going to either of the above. I'll e-mail her and see what she decided.You can tell mini MSR she's half Danish, 6ft, blue eyed and blonde. However, an intro will cost.

@VN Poor attempt at winding me up. I know that as a [flaky] Italian with a sense of style, you'd never do a matth to a Master.
  • Matthewfalle

That's very very odd. My niece might be going to either of the above. I'll e-mail her and see what she decided.You can tell mini MSR she's half Danish, 6ft, blue eyed and blonde. However, an intro will cost.

So is Sandy Tostvik. Pics of norks required methinks.

Then again. Perhaps the two people are the same person - have they actually ever been seen together in the same room? Pictures of norks required as proof of individual life forms required methinks ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

So is Sandy Tostvik. Pics of norks required methinks.

Then again. Perhaps the two people are the same person - have they actually ever been seen together in the same room? Pictures of norks required as proof of individual life forms required methinks ........

Pics of my niece's noorks!!??!! That will cost you double.
  • Matthewfalle
    £7???????? Bugger that, I'll look at my own norks for nowt, our lad ......

I'll give ya tuppence ha'penny, and for that I want her to smile this time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Tuppence ha'penny, tuppence ha'penny. You can stuff yer tuppence h'penny wur sun don't shine. When I were lad, tuppence ha'penny used to have to feed 'hole fambly fer week. You yung un's don't know 'ow good yer got it. There wur 27 of used t' live on shoe box in middle o' road...
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Artwork or bike? It's a no brainer - get a bike that looks like artwork I suggest a Colnago Master with lovely shiny carbon bits.
    FTFY :mrgreen:

:) ordered a new stem for it
  • Matthewfalle
    I understand that in some Northern parts of the land tuppence ha'penny can still buy you a wench of dubious heritage for the weekend with enough change left over for a fish supper and a large bottle of Domestos to clean yourself up with come Monday morning.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    I understand that in some Northern parts of the land tuppence ha'penny can still buy you a wench of dubious heritage for the weekend with enough change left over for a fish supper and a large bottle of Domestos to clean yourself up with come Monday morning.

personal experience?
  • Matthewfalle
    I must admit that I try not to venture too far north as their funny voices and close set eyes make me feel somewhat uneasy.

The fact that they also all live in caves is also a tad bizarre, but hey, so long as they are happy .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    There's caves and then there is caves. You can't put all caves into the same category.