Vredestian Fortezza Tricomp

tubsolard
tubsolard Posts: 150
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am currently riding Continental Gatorskins on my bike for the winter and have just purchased some Vredestian Fortezza Tricomp for my sping-summer tyres.

I plan to ride a few 100 mile rides, 1 per month perhaps, culminating with 2 in August but it looks like I've just bought another pair of heavy duty winter tyers.

Should I send them back and upgrade to the Tricomp Slick or will these tyres be fine for speed on the hotter, dryer roads?

Thanks,

Scott
Cannondale Super Six Evo
Cannondale Slice Aero

Comments

• tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    I use those tyres on my winter bike, on my summer bike I use Michelin Pro4
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    The tricomp will be fine, at 225g they are much lighter and ride much nicer than the Gatorskins. I used a set for a year and think I only had 2 punctures in about 4000 miles.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    They're tyres so they will work of course, but I'd send them back and get the Tricomp Slick if those are what you fancy, they're higher tpi, and most probably a less agricultural feeling nicer tyre. Some people don't notice much difference in tyres, other people really notice it, it's up to you what to do.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    I would keep it nothing wrong with it as tyre for summer wouldn't class them as heavy winter tyres being 120 tpi @ 240g.

Off course it isn't gonna roll as fast as a for example a vittoria open corsa 320 tpi but will probably be more durable (last more miles & puncture less).

Should roll faster than the gatorskins also.
  • rnath
    rnath Posts: 176
    Rode these for over a year. Very robust tyre which I think only punctured once in around 6000 miles. Maybe not the most flexi tyre out there, but comfy enough... certainly not tractor tyres. And over long distances you may be glad of their puncture resistance?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I love mine so much I'll be replacing all of my conti 4000s with them when they wear out. Fitted mine as a test and ridden summer, winter and even off road with them on my carbon road bike.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Thanks for your help.

I think now that I have them, I might as well keep them and see how I get on. No need to buy a new set when I've got a perfectly good set sitting around waiting to be ridden!

Will keep the Gatorskins for highest winter and put these bad boys on this weekend to (hopefully) see me through the rest of the year!

Cheers!
    Cannondale Super Six Evo
    Cannondale Slice Aero