Comfort seatposts

2»

Comments

• ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    FatTed wrote:
    You could also try Rapha's classic bib shorts on a 30 day trial period with free return if you don't like them
    1st I would drop the pressure in your tyres.
    They allow you trial bib-shorts? Surely you jest?
    Well that seals it. I ain't buying Rapha!
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    ddraver wrote:
    robbo2011 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    I test rode a Roubaix and Domane over Christmas and whilst the upright, comfortable position would suit my dad down to the ground, i just felt disconnected, upright and...well...bored really. Neither of them had any life in them at all. It's telling that the Pro Teams that ride Spesh and Trek don't use the frames we can buy

I thought the UCI rules state that the pros have to use the frames we can buy.

Dunno - They ride something called the Domane Kopperberg which is a Domane but with a much more race focused geometry

Big names get do get custom frames sometimes so i suspect that's allowed, Cav at Pinerello for example

Yeah, same as Sagan who rode a custom Synapse last season for the cobbled classics
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Ai_1 wrote:
    FatTed wrote:
    You could also try Rapha's classic bib shorts on a 30 day trial period with free return if you don't like them
    1st I would drop the pressure in your tyres.
    They allow you trial bib-shorts? Surely you jest?
    Well that seals it. I ain't buying Rapha!

http://pages.rapha.cc/service/classics-guarantee

Not sure what happens to the returned items!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Miles253 wrote:
    andy46 wrote:
    Maybe my high tyre pressures aren't helping, what psi should I be looking at using?
    I'm no expert, but from the comments on this thread, i would have though you could drop to 80-85 at your weight.
    Agreed. Try 85 at the back and 75 at the front. Shouldn't be any likelihood of pinches. See how you like the handling. You could probably go lower if you wanted.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Didn't think I could go as low as 75.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport