secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited February 2015 in Commuting chat
2 glorious days of clear, sunny weather

No wife and kids, all off on half term trip to France

Just me, and my bike

And a chest infection. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• Cheer up - it could be worse. I'm taking my son for a CT scan on his lungs today after they didn't like what they saw on his screening x-ray. Hopefully it's nothing.

Get well soon.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • secretsam
    Cheer up - it could be worse. I'm taking my son for a CT scan on his lungs today after they didn't like what they saw on his screening x-ray. Hopefully it's nothing.

Get well soon.

Ah - some perspective. Best wishes, hope it's all OK.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    Everything crossed for you MRS.
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Yes, hope all OK, MRS
  • Thanks folks. All clear!

And breathe...........
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    Phew, thank god for that. It's good that they keep a close eye and check everything, but I can imagine how much that would make you worry. I used to get quite stressed before my check ups, then very relieved afterwards.

Now, back to the OP. That's really irritating SS, hope you feel better soon. Even if it is going to rain tomorrow.
  • On the positive side, I took chunks out of my segment times from Sunday (which were PBs themselves) on my ride this morning :wink::wink: Amazing what a bit of stress does...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    SecretSam wrote:
    2 glorious days of clear, sunny weather

No wife and kids, all off on half term trip to France

Just me, and my bike

And a chest infection. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I've had a nasty cold for the last 2 weeks. Usually I stop riding altogether when I am ill, but this time I have decided to replace intervals in the main with endurance miles, and keep riding.
    Managed 46 miles on Sunday which I was pleased with, and managed to 'clear myself out' quite a bit in the process.
    First intervals yesterday with no ill effects, and 1hr 20 should happen tomorrow lunchtime.

Not saying this is advisable or would work for everyone, but I seem to have gotten away with it.

And just to add, loads of people have had this cold, and it's lasting 2-3 weeks for everyone, so I don't believe I have extended it's stay.
    Perversely there is an extra grain of satisfaction for me from still plugging home the miles despite the cold.

MRS - pleased to hear you had good news.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Thanks folks. All clear!

And breathe...........

great news :)

I've missed the last couple of days due to work meh, so I'm going to get apparent 'heavy rain' for 4 hrs tomorrow :(
  • Thanks all. Heavy rain and stupid winds tomorrow and I'm still going out on my bike. Being given a jolt reminds me that we need to live every day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Thanks all. Heavy rain and stupid winds tomorrow and I'm still going out on my bike. Being given a jolt reminds me that we need to live every day.

presses 'like' button :)
  • Thanks all. Heavy rain and stupid winds tomorrow and I'm still going out on my bike. Being given a jolt reminds me that we need to live every day.
    This....
    Glad that everything is ok.
  • hegyestomi wrote:
    Thanks all. Heavy rain and stupid winds tomorrow and I'm still going out on my bike. Being given a jolt reminds me that we need to live every day.
    This....
    Glad that everything is ok.

Also this, lots.

Plus, be safe out there MRS in the bad conditions.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • DJFish
    DJFish Posts: 49
    I'm in a similar situation to the OP.
    Spending my hard earned pocket money on parking and public transport when I should be cycling but every time I get on my bike my lungs just get clagged up.
    I'm on my third lot of Antibiotics & steroids and have been told I might actually be asthmatic, worst of all I also had a chest x-ray just after xmas which was fine, until I got an appointment slip through for another one, upon enquiring (they didn't bother to actually call me) my GP had noticed an unusual shadow and wanted to investigate.
    Turns out it was just calcium deposits from where I'd broken some ribs a few years ago, but that was not a pleasant two weeks waiting for the results.
    Worst of all I have to sit on a bus and watch cyclists whizzing past!
  • secretsam
    DJFish wrote:
    I'm in a similar situation to the OP.
    Spending my hard earned pocket money on parking and public transport when I should be cycling but every time I get on my bike my lungs just get clagged up.
    I'm on my third lot of Antibiotics & steroids and have been told I might actually be asthmatic, worst of all I also had a chest x-ray just after xmas which was fine, until I got an appointment slip through for another one, upon enquiring (they didn't bother to actually call me) my GP had noticed an unusual shadow and wanted to investigate.
    Turns out it was just calcium deposits from where I'd broken some ribs a few years ago, but that was not a pleasant two weeks waiting for the results.
    Worst of all I have to sit on a bus and watch cyclists whizzing past!

I'm in the Asthma club, diagnosed in my 20s, always wondered why I seemed so unfit for the first 30 mins of playing rugby but was then OK...<<reminds self to go and get peak flow measured>>

@MRS: glad to hear all was OK.

• SecretSam wrote:

@MRS: glad to hear all was OK.

Thank you
  • Thanks folks. All clear!

And breathe...........

Excellent news.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris