Hump day

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
In honor of our fallen brethren Arran.

Anyway Stevo bad news, I' cant tow your sorry ass up a hill, turned my ankle playing football last night, so cycling and anything over than eating and drinking is now out of the window for a week or two.

As far as my day is concerned, house mate is driving me to work shortly then I'll worry about the rest of the day.

Also entering the the white roads classic as my only sportive of the year.
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely shattered but working tonight so going to spend the day waiting for DHL to not deliver my new wheels and drinking espresso.

Sun is shining though so nice long dog walk as well interspersed with some turbo training methinks. Overall a potentially very nice day.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Hump day is pub day, yippee!
    White roads looks good sa0u, a lot nearer than Tuscany but I know where I'd rather be. What sort of bike are you doing it on? Hope the ankle heals up quickly, that'll teach you not to chase balls.
    Should be reasonably quiet for me today. Wednesday is usually my quietest day and we have a full compliment of staff which is most unusual.
    Will Stevo post pictures of prospective new minion's norks? That would certainly bring PW77 back.
    Onwards, to tea.
  • 35km ride in the bag by 8.15am, almost got blown off :shock: on the tops...

A particular ebay item will require 100% of my interneting skills shortly and other than that I'm driving a desk.

Onwards to an apple.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    35km ride in the bag by 8.15am, almost got blown off :shock: on the tops...

A particular ebay item will require 100% of my interneting skills shortly and other than that I'm driving a desk.

Onwards to an apple.
    Oooh, what is it? We can all play.
  • Flâneur
    At work, don't feel like working today. May just become an email day. Though pub for dinner seems like a good move at the end. No point calorie counting when I can't exercise

Oh I'd take rather take Tuscany, in fact I may have to do both! either my CX bike or the tarmac with the open paves.

Would Stevo have a job to hire anyone too though?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Veronese68 wrote:

Onwards to an apple.
    Oooh, what is it? We can all play.

You'll have to wait and see I'm afraid.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Spoilsport.
    I need to sell the Rockhopper I bought off the Bay at the weekend now I've nicked the bits I wanted off it.
  • Not that far off...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321666649035? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Twas for the boy to get him out and about with us over the summer.

Missed it though by a few seconds and a few pence.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Shame. The one I have is a bit bigger and a bit older so would be no good to you. I wanted a disc back wheel for another bike and bought it to nick the discs and will revert to V brakes on it before sticking it back on the Bay. Bizarrely I have the original brakes and back wheel off the very bike as it has been through 3 owners and I know them all.
  • Yep, it isn't often a small comes up with a decent spec.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Very true, I wound up lashing bikes up for the boy, frames would change and bits moved over as he grew. Thankfully he seems to have stopped growing now. At 6'4" it's just as well.
  • Matthewfalle

You almost gone blown off by 8:30? Blimey that was almost the perfect start to the day.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I know, and I'm not even down for steak tonight!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Think I've just sold the Rockhopper for £20 less than I paid. No Ebay fees and I get a pair of wheels with discs and calipers to use on the other build.
  • Flâneur
    that aint bad, next time you just need real profit.

India tonight for old mans birthday. may have forgotten and had to dash home via M&S.
    dating girl has bemused me, christ why cant life be simple
    Found a flat to possibly buy
    and won some random competition i entered ages ago for some climbing gear. only little stuff but usable and a win is a win
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    busy day today doing budget stuff

Now doing daddy day-care, so a payback for the wife is my commuting bike in the kitchen - ready for a ride into work tomorrow, but not a decent weather forecast :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    sa0u823e wrote:
    In honor of our fallen brethren Arran.

Anyway Stevo bad news, I' cant tow your sorry ass up a hill, turned my ankle playing football last night, so cycling and anything over than eating and drinking is now out of the window for a week or two.
    I think Arran tripped himself up...

Anyhow, no worries about the lack of a tow, the van is hired, The Panzer gets a fettling this weekend in preparation and I've bought my stash of 'Monster' and 'Relentless' to get me through the big day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Will Stevo post pictures of prospective new minion's norks? That would certainly bring PW77 back.
    No nork pics yet as minion is not actually hired yet, we just know which one we want. Final inteviews for two of them next week to make it look fair, then I'll hire the one with the biggest jugs.

That's why I'm so late as well - was doing the last of the first round interviews and the last one wouldn't ferkin stop talking. Had to pedal home extra quick.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's why I'm so late as well - was doing the last of the first round interviews and the last one wouldn't ferkin stop talking. Had to pedal home extra quick.
    That's no good. Funbag to gasbag ratio may have to be considered there. Saw a great tweet somebody reposted onto Faecesbook the other day.
    The guy that barged in front of me on the tube then told me to fark off just arrived for his interview...with me.
    I would love to be the one conducting that interview, I think I would enjoy making him squirm for as long as possible.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Will Stevo post pictures of prospective new minion's norks? That would certainly bring PW77 back. Onwards, to tea.

Talk of norks lured me back but I'm disappointed :roll:

I'm off again :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Matthewfalle
    Perhaps piccies of both potential minions' norks then let them assess evidence who gets the job?

If that isn't democracy in action I don't know what is.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Will Stevo post pictures of prospective new minion's norks? That would certainly bring PW77 back. Onwards, to tea.

This place is like Hotel California - you can check out any time, but you can never leave :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

This place is full of tits ;)