How would you fuel yourself for a 10 walk to sainsburys?

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,407
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
What would you advise in the way of energy drinks, gels, cake etc? A friend of mine recently bonked half way to the shops, I think he had porridge before he left.
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• Stop for a pint half way?
  • Hears sum advise, don't shop in supermarkets
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    wots wrong with bonking?

Its great.

I do remember when i was young and an old timer said to me that when you get to his stage in life there's nothing more satisfying than a good dump. :twisted:

Amazing what rubbish stays in your head or what gets posted on here!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Stop for a pint half way?
    There used to be a pub en route, but it's now a McD's drive through. There used to be a pub in the other direction, it's now a Tesco Metro. In both cases they have been improved, this in spite of the fact that I will not go into either of them. They were the most godawful pubs ever.
    I've found a mint Aero in my desk so I should make it. The danger of getting there too hungry is I will buy all sorts of stuff that I shouldn't. This is probably why I had a mint Aero in my desk.
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    wots wrong with bonking?
    You clearly haven't been to Hanworth, I wouldn't touch most of the locals with yours. :shock:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Haribo followed by chorizo. Or a hip flask full of grappa. Or even all 3.

Alternatively, send a member of staff.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    EPO
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    got a dealer matthew?

I'm good with the grappa, better than genape (sp?)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    sa0u823e wrote:
    got a dealer matthew?

Doctor Fiat 500
  • veronese68

All damned fine ideas there. Eating my own body weight in Nutella probably would have done the job too.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

All damned fine ideas there. Eating my own body weight in Nutella probably would have done the job too.

When I get back this summer from being away I'll pop a bottle of the home made "digestive" in the post.

Think Abruzzese mountain grappa meets angry grappa meets Glaswegian grappa. But eminently drinkable and no discernible hang over.

You won't be walking those 10 miles, it'll be full gas all the way....,,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Sounds good, especially the no hangover bit. Had some lovely Grappa in my local Italian a while back. New waitress from Bassano di Grappa had brought a bottle over with her. It was very good, but mainly she was lovely. Unfortunately she wouldn't let me get a picture of her norks, more grappa was needed.
    It's a whole 10 minute walk to Sainsbury's I need to fuel up for, hence the worry about fuelling properly. Fortunately I made it without having to resort to a McD's pit stop.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sounds good, especially the no hangover bit. Had some lovely Grappa in my local Italian a while back. New waitress from Bassano di Grappa had brought a bottle over with her. It was very good, but mainly she was lovely. Unfortunately she wouldn't let me get a picture of her norks, more grappa was needed.
    It's a whole 10 minute walk to Sainsbury's I need to fuel up for, hence the worry about fuelling properly. Fortunately I made it without having to resort to a McD's pit stop.

Chilled grappa or room temp? I must admit to being partial to both. It's a bit like drinking chilled red - at first it seems wrong but works sooo well.

Reference waitress - this is your new challenge. Following the failure on here of someone who shall not be named to get piccies of Waitrose girl while he stalks her dressed head to toe in full downhilling clothes, I feel the mantle is now on you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.