Yeti SB6c vs Capra YT

dorbsky
dorbsky Posts: 3
edited February 2015 in MTB buying advice
which of these bikes performs better? climbs and descends better? and frame stiffness.

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Capra.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yeti.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Not ridden either but given how well the old SB66C rode I'd have to say the SB6c.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The SB66 rode extremely well and the SB6C is supposed to be even better. Not ridden a Capra but they get great reviews.
    You're not going to be dissapointed by either bike although you might be dissapointed by YT's delivery time or the Yeti's price.
  • cooldad
    I had no idea, just wanted to argue with Angus
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    cooldad wrote:

Sounds reasonable. Who wouldnt?
  • Angus Young
    cooldad wrote:

I've changed my mind, I'm going for the Yeti.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    One is probably 50% more than the other maybe more for the same spec - if that doesn't put you off then I'd probably go for the Yeti but if the eye watering price makes your eyes water go for the Capra and look forward to riding your new bike sometime in 2016.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The SB66 rode extremely well and the SB6C is supposed to be even better. Not ridden a Capra but they get great reviews.
    You're not going to be dissapointed by either bike although you might be dissapointed by YT's delivery time or the Yeti's price.

This is one tough call, but thanks for the quick reply guys. SB6c looks really sexy, but YT's comes 4 yr warranty. unlike Yeti offers only 2 yrs. and pricy too.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Never go by looks when buying bikes. You cant see it when you're riding.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    if you have a BMW, Merc or audi type car get the yeti
  • rockmonkeysc
    Audi owners ride Orange Fives
    BMW owners ride Lappierres
    Mercedes owners ride E bikes
  • cooldad
    As a Subaru Imprezza driver I ride stolen bikes.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • It's like a battle of which will crack first

Yeti's exemplary record of reliability - YT seem to want a bit of that action, with the Snapra's cracking left, right & centre.

Still, at least if you buy a Yeti, you're dealing with a company thats VERY well practiced in warrantying cracked frames :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    I have seen plenty of cracked Yeti's. They used to always go at the chain stays and Yeti were known for slow warranty service.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    capra
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • rockmonkeysc
    Herdwick wrote:
    capra

Well if that well thought out arguement for the Capra over the Yeti doesnt decide it for the OP then nothing will.
  • Angus Young
    I've never been near either of them but I said Capra because, while the Yeti gets good reviews, that reviews I've seen of the Capra have been off the scale.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    Herdwick wrote:
    capra

Well if that well thought out arguement for the Capra over the Yeti doesnt decide it for the OP then nothing will.

Oh come on, we all know the answer is ride both and then see, but obviously he can not,
    I've never been near either of them but I said Capra because, while the Yeti gets good reviews, that reviews I've seen of the Capra have been off the scale.

But this covers me up.
    almost plus half the price?
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • I really like both bikes and I'm either would ride very well and keep you happy. Ultimately the decision is whether you want to spend a lot more money for the Yeti and if you will gain as much in performance difference? I suspect probably not. As far as cracked Capra frames go it looks as though that shipped has already sailed with updated versions. Their weak point seems to be paint and some poor component choices but given the price point something has to give.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • There's a big thread on pinkbike for yt Capra owners. Every second post seems to be owners with cracked bikes. Headtube cracks seem like another weak point. i realise there will be many more happy owners, but that would be enough to put me off.

Plus they run realy short. If u plan on using a short stem you may have to size up or feel prity cramped.

For those two reasons I would get the yeti or a giant reign :D