Before you can be old and wise...

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited February 2015 in The cake stop
you have to be young and foolish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... overs.html

That's if you make it. :wink:
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• Even given this, I'd still rather be the human beings than the bulls in this wonderful circus of death. I suspect their injuries can't be repaired with a single operation.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    "Sphincter" Ow.
  • slowmart
    pdstsp wrote:
    "Sphincter" Ow.

"And the biggest wound the surgeon ever had to stitch"

B97J7G6IYAAI6es.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I bet it doesn't seem like such a laugh now. :(
    Fair play to the guy holding on to its tail! Not a lot of "stopping it" going on, but 10/10 for effort, not to mention bravery.! :shock:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Quite clever of the bull to stand on his trackies to stop him running away, don't you think?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    what an @rse, darwin award almost.
    Goes out of his way to wind the bull up and then screams for help when the bull turns out to be cleverer than him :D:D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    You just know that a newspaper article containing the phrases 'American tourist' and 'bull running festival' in the title isn't going to end well. Wonder if he'll try to sue?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    I'd happily defend the bull with consent as the unbeatable defence. :lol:

So Mr Fat Yank, your lying on your back, trousers around the ankles and your legs apart in the air and at the point of penetration one could describe your facial expression as one of enjoyment?

150216-bull_gore_main-0532_fe9cdd27d275678198f8bddd36bc38ef.jpg

Further I'd counter sue for damaging the bulls neck muscles launching the pie eater as it's a well known fact Italians are adept at running away WW 2 or paying the Taliban not to attack their troops on deployment. Having a fat slow moving yank messed up the demographic and outcome.

Desmond Tutu
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Italians?
  • slowmart
    opps!

Ignore the ramblings of a geographically challenged numpty.......

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Slowmart wrote:
    opps!

Ignore the ramblings of a geographically challenged numpty.......
    We already do :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    It brings life to the expression "tearing someone a new one".

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    orraloon wrote:
    Italians?
    As half an Italian I must say I'd be very good at running away given the circumstances. To be fair I'm pretty sure the English half of me would be doing a fair job of keeping up too. Although this is purely hypothetical as none of me is stupid enough to go on a bull run.
  • slowmart
    Veronese68 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Italians?
    As half an Italian I must say I'd be very good at running away given the circumstances. To be fair I'm pretty sure the English half of me would be doing a fair job of keeping up too. Although this is purely hypothetical as none of me is stupid enough to go on a bull run.

But then your birth year suggests you are no spring chicken and fall into the headline demographic..... :wink:

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Slowmart wrote:
    But then your birth year suggests you are no spring chicken and fall into the headline demographic..... :wink:
    :oops: Ok, can't deny that. But whilst I have been that young, I don't think I was ever that foolish.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    By 'eck, that'll learn him.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!