Sportful R&D bibtights sizing?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm interested in getting some, but unsure I'd be medium, large or extra large in these? For comparison I take a UK Small in Mavic, but a large in Castelli Velocissimo bib shorts. I've got the R&D Wind jersey in medium which certainly comes up snug. I'm 38" chest, 33" waist, 5'8 and a bit tall with a 31.5" inseam. cheers.
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    I'm a bit smaller than you at 5'7 and smaller waist at 30 and I have the small. They are very snug but they are very stretchy. The most stretchy tights I've had by a long way. As a result, sizing isn't as critical as with others. Though if I were to get another pair, I'd probably go for medium. So for you, I'd go large - especially if you take large in Castelli
  • Sizing is virtually the same as Castelli (both beans are owned by the same company).
  • luv2ride
    Thanks both. Now ordered in large, so here's hoping. They've had some very good reviews recently, so chuffed that I managed to get these for under 75 quid from PBK (other half got another 12% off the current sale price by registering as a new customer, though this seems to have reduced to only 10% extra now though - http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/probikekit.co.uk)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    Bibs arrived today, so thought I'd feedback on the sizing. Went for large and, yes I think they size up just like Castelli. So, at 5'8" and a bit tall, 33" waist, 38" chest the large seems spot on for me. Very comfortable, bit of stretch over the shoulders when standing but perfect when on the bike. Only problem is that there's a hole in the thigh seam so they're going back :roll:

So, although they're a great fit and the pad seems good, this is the 2nd Sportful R&D product that's been sent back to PBK as faulty in a row (the original R&D Wind jacket I bought had been ripped in a small area on the side allowing the insulating fabric to show through). So I'm left wondering whether the quality of this new R&D range is all that great?

For balance, and whilst I confess to being a bit miffed about having to organise yet another return and then face the inevitable long wait for a replacement item, the R&D Wind jersey still really impresses (build quality on this replacement jersey at least seems pretty good). To be fair, it's all I've been using the past few weeks and I'd still recommend it. Just make sure you buy one where returns are easy, just in case! :wink: